Price

Get ready for Mark H. Walker's Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad. This is the first complete computer game in the Lock ‘n Load series, covering the battles in and around Stalingrad during World War II.
RockKahn

RE: Price

Post by RockKahn »

ORIGINAL: undercovergeek
ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

From past experience, there's no price point that everyone will agree on

Regards,

- Erik

really?

price it at £4.99 see how many complaints you get

**im taking this opportunity to call BS on any 'ah well if its cheap you wont respect the game, thats why we price them so high' crap that may be forth coming

Hint: He didn't say "customers". He said "everyone".

I don't write Universal Law. I just live by it.
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: RockKahn

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

From past experience, there's no price point that everyone will agree on

Regards,

- Erik

really?

price it at £4.99 see how many complaints you get

**im taking this opportunity to call BS on any 'ah well if its cheap you wont respect the game, thats why we price them so high' crap that may be forth coming

Hint: He didn't say "customers". He said "everyone".

warspite1

Quite.
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Jeffrey H.

Post by Jeffrey H. »

The low end of the spectrum these days is the app markets. They tend to go for <5 bucks on average. The games sold here are simply on a higher plane of reference. Now, the hard part as a consumer is making the right choice, since making the wrong one is both easy and expensive.

So, speaking personally, I'm almost never an early adopter. I wait. Until I get a sense that there is a significant amount of fun to be had with it I won't buy.

So, for me, that means I can afford to pay more than many others. So my value point is a bit higher but so are my expectations.

All that being said, I'm waiting and going to be watching closely but if I decide to buy it won't be for at least a month or so after release.

History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson
FroBodine

Post by FroBodine »

I wish I had your patience, sir!
z1812

Post by z1812 »

ORIGINAL: Jeffrey H.

The low end of the spectrum these days is the app markets. They tend to go for <5 bucks on average. The games sold here are simply on a higher plane of reference. Now, the hard part as a consumer is making the right choice, since making the wrong one is both easy and expensive.

So, speaking personally, I'm almost never an early adopter. I wait. Until I get a sense that there is a significant amount of fun to be had with it I won't buy.

So, for me, that means I can afford to pay more than many others. So my value point is a bit higher but so are my expectations.

All that being said, I'm waiting and going to be watching closely but if I decide to buy it won't be for at least a month or so after release.

Same here. Last game I purchased I waited 3 months.
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

ORIGINAL: wodin

JD I expect a similar price to Conflict of heroes.. being similar sort of games and boardgame conversions.

Yeah I tend to agree with a sale of the week for $19.95 like I got COH for. That's a good and fair price and I'd pay it in a second for this game. It looks so much like the old squad leader maps. But, Mark says it doesn't play anything like squad leader. But, one can dream can't one?
CSSS

Post by CSSS »

World in Flames was totally worth the $100.00 I have played this game since the original 1984 version. At one time to play wit ALL the expansions, Politics in Flames and the laminated maps and each counter clipped and silicone so when with put tacky on them to stay put on the wall mounted maps I had over $500.00 invested in the game and days of labor. NOW I turn on the computer, hot seat play with my bud and that is all it cost!

No missing counters, no rules lawyer debates for hours , no intensive labor for set up. Those who complain about the hundred dollar price tag have never played a full game of wIF!
undercovergeek

Post by undercovergeek »

ORIGINAL: CSS

NOW I turn on the computer, hot seat play with my bud and that is all it cost!

Forgive me if im wrong, but i thought that wasnt working as designed yet?
JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

That doesn't even matter - it's not relevant here and I hate see the shit storm about that games price start up again here with the usual sycophants telling people to stfu.

Hotseat is working UCG - not Netplay.
Alba gu' brath
Hertston

Post by Hertston »

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

Yeah I tend to agree with a sale of the week for $19.95 like I got COH for. That's a good and fair price and I'd pay it in a second for this game.

It's a good sale price. The standard price for a 'full' quality game, rather than mid-range of budget has been $40-$50 (UKP25-30 net of tax) and has been for years. I'd quite happily play that for a complete, finished, quality game of a sort that interests me. What I won't do (again) is pay Matrix 'premium' price on the basis of the sort of 'value' twaddle we saw for the - overpriced - Command. That simply doesn't constitute an argument; I and many of the rest of you have spent hundreds of 'value' hours engrossed by much cheaper or even free games.

I don't think WiF is relevant to any other pricing discussions as it's a totally unique product.
undercovergeek

Post by undercovergeek »

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd

Hotseat is working UCG - not Netplay.

in that case i stand corrected

at least something works
CSSS

Post by CSSS »

I am always amazed at the controversy that the price of a new game brings , If you like the game and can afford it at this time but it. It you like it and it is out of your current budget range , wait till it eventually goes on sale, and buy it, if you don't like it don't buy it !
JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

And so the spiral begins.
Alba gu' brath
undercovergeek

Post by undercovergeek »

ORIGINAL: CSS

I am always amazed at the controversy that the price of a new game brings , If you like the game and can afford it at this time but it. It you like it and it is out of your current budget range , wait till it eventually goes on sale, and buy it, if you don't like it don't buy it !

it isnt about anybodys budget - its about everyone arguing about the price on release when the dev just wants to see nothing but 'hey great game', 'wow my experience was awesome'

and more often than not everyone can afford the game - JD and others, including me are just looking for a bit of transparency, having become a bit sick and tired of the merry-go-round about niche games, prices held high so we dont disrespect the game and 100 pounds worth of books you may not want but how else do you justify THAT price
z1812

Post by z1812 »

I agree with CSS. The market will decide. As a consumer I don't care when the price is announced. When the game is released I will know.
undercovergeek

Post by undercovergeek »

ORIGINAL: z1812

The market will decide.

nope

matrix will
wodin

Post by wodin »

You ignoring me Undercover? I said hello haven't seen you for awhile;)
undercovergeek

Post by undercovergeek »

ORIGINAL: wodin

You ignoring me Undercover? I said hello haven't seen you for awhile;)

lol sorry Wodin, i didnt see you there

havent been on matrix for ages - we fell out

all is well?
z1812

Post by z1812 »

The market will decide.

nope

matrix will

And the consumers who drive the market will decide if they are willing to pay the price.
undercovergeek

Post by undercovergeek »

The market will decide.

nope

matrix will

And the consumers who drive the market will decide if they are willing to pay the price.

and that matters not a jot

if it sells nothing it will still be whatever price Matrix decide it will be......

.....the only company that increased the price of a game when it was 2 years old......

....and still sells a 3/4 year old game at full price

Return to “Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad”