Modding Tool Design Poll

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

yummie

Modding Tool Design Poll

Post by yummie »

Okay there is Some Debate Between me and Nick. The dauntlessness of making the tool and the amount of Hours put in each Section of the tool We are at odds on one Part. Since the Policies text can easily be made in Game I want to skip making it As I am not liking how it will look in the end. It ruins the flow the. He thinks We should Keep going with it. Now If we decide to Keep it will add about 4-7 more days to the release date of the Tool, It will also Add some heft to the processor considering the amount of elements that need to be added to it. Nicks argument is Will make the tool complete So we will leave it Up to you. Keep policies, Or Leave it out. Just type your vote for or against, Here and on Friday the 14th we will look at the results and make decision most votes wins.

CyclopsSlayer

RE: Modding Tool Design Poll

Post by CyclopsSlayer »

Pardon me if I am wrong, not a serious modder, but while you can indeed easily adjust the active races policy in game. Wouldn't you need a policy doc to automate all the other NPC races?
Igard

Post by Igard »

ORIGINAL: CyclopsSlayer

Pardon me if I am wrong, not a serious modder, but while you can indeed easily adjust the active races policy in game. Wouldn't you need a policy doc to automate all the other NPC races?

You actually don't need any policy files. The game will assume a default policy for a race without any.

For that reason, it's entirely feasible to create the tool without a policy editor and since one is present in game, it makes it a tough decision whether or not to design one or not.

I don't find it ideal having to start a game with each race to edit their policy, but at least it's something that doesn't involve text files.

So, weighing it up I'd have to say leave it out. At least for the time being. Nick is right that it's not quite complete without it, but it's still perfectly functional. Like I said, the mod will run just fine without them.
ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

My vote....

SKIP Policies. Can't elaborate why unfortunately.
Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...
ASHBERY76

Post by ASHBERY76 »

ORIGINAL: ehsumrell1

My vote....

SKIP Policies. Can't elaborate why unfortunately.

Why not ask if you can elaborate.
CyclopsSlayer

Post by CyclopsSlayer »

I would read that as Policies as we currently know them will not be around. Whether changed, removed, replaced.. who knows that can speak?
ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

It's just that as long as I'm under Matrix/Elliot's NDA, I do my best to contribute
and solve problems/answer questions to the best of my ability without breaching
my NDA. So if in doubt, or if borderline, be smart and don't speak on it.

Respectfully speaking, just that simple!

Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...

Return to “Design and Modding”