Scenario - Battle for Goslar

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Flashpoint

22sec

Scenario - Battle for Goslar

Post by 22sec »

Attached is a monster scenario I created to be played on my latest map. The battle should be played either PBEM or H2H. I have not set up or tested for play against the AI.

Summary - North of the Harz Mountains Britsh forces are tasked with holding the British I Corps southern flank. The Soviet 10th Guards Tank Division is crossing the Inner German Border with two regiments abreast - a powerful fist designed to destroy the Brits in their way.

Let me know what y'all think. I didn't originally intend to share this, but figured what the heck.[:D]
Attachments
FirstBattlesGoslar.zip
(137.41 KiB) Downloaded 144 times
Flashpoint Campaigns Contributor
https://twitter.com/22sec2
CapnDarwin

RE: Scenario - Battle for Goslar

Post by CapnDarwin »

Thanks. I'll check it out when I'm done with the Mod docs.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
Tazak

Post by Tazak »

is this using a custom map?
AUCTO SPLENDORE RESURGO
22sec

Post by 22sec »

ORIGINAL: Tazak

is this using a custom map?

Yes. tm.asp?m=3437685&mpage=2#

Attachments
FC_Goslar.jpg
FC_Goslar.jpg (439.71 KiB) Viewed 133 times
Tazak

Post by Tazak »

cheers, you might want to add it into the scenario zip file for those like me who cant read forums posts correctly [:)]
AUCTO SPLENDORE RESURGO
Tazak

Post by Tazak »

Some comments:

1. BR is too strong for the soviets forces (16k VP vs 12k VP) - suggest reducing arty (30%-50%), recce (50%) and tank regiment (25-40%) and maybe losing 1 mech inf bn
2. Soviets have to wait for nearly 25% of their force to arrive, any sensible soviet player will wait until all their forces are on map against such a heavy BR force, then sit back and spam BM21 area fire given the BR density in such a small map.
3. BR has too much force density for the terrain, if BR is reduce this will be alleviated.
4. Fighting will take place nearly always in the bottom half of the map with all the VPs located in that area of the map, that single choke point to the north can be easily defended.

Some food for thought:
a british bde was suppose to be able to defeat a soviet division
Armd recce regiments attached to a division would cover the entire division front, it wasn't uncommon for a sqn to be attached to the nearest bde to act as forward screening recce
a bde would normally get 1/4 - 1/3 of division arty assets (a division would get 2-3 arty regiments)
AUCTO SPLENDORE RESURGO
22sec

Post by 22sec »

I should add the force selection for the scenario was generated from a system I am experimenting with to move units at an operational scale. The reason the northern half of the map is unused in this case is according to my deployment on my operational map the Oderwald (large wooded area in northern half of map) is to be cleared by the MR regiment of the 7th Gds Tank Division, and defene by elements if the 3rd Armoured Division.

The map was created to experiment with the new elevation heights, and also some concepts I had to improve their final look. The scenario was squeezed into the map, and I think that is part of the problem. I think the better method I will use once 2.03 is released is to create a map based on what the operational situation calls for. In this case I would make the map more narrow, but add depth to both sides. That I think would allow the Bri's to deploy their reserve battalion further back, and also allow for additional Soviet follow in forces.

I really appreciate the feedback. How do you like the map?
WABAC

Post by WABAC »

The map is beautiful.

Really.

I have been troubled by the fact that I can't read the terrain in the stock maps. In the real world both sides had decades to study it

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”