Battle of Ben Hai

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

AdmiralSteve

Battle of Ben Hai

Post by AdmiralSteve »

Battle of Ben Hai
This Scenario has been updated 2/11/2013 to fix the continuous firing of a single event and to reword the scenario description.

This is a fictitious scenario that occurs near the DMZ after the Tet Offensive.

After the Viet Cong suffered defeats during the Tet Offensive in January of 1968 and the "Mini-Tet's" in September of the same year, the Viet Cong have rebuilt their force strength back to the levels prior to Tet and have taken a strategic point near the mouth of the Ben Hai River. The river is a starting point of a newly established transportation hub that will take arms from the Ben Hai, transport them east to the Laotian border and then points south.

Intel has discovered that Ben Hai could possibly be the beginning of another Tet and the North is ready to defend its claims at Ben Hai.
Attachments
Battle of Ben Hai.zip
(71.25 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
“There are no extraordinary men...just extraordinary circumstances that ordinary men are forced to deal with.”
Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr. 1882-1959

Russian Heel

RE: Battle of Ben Hai

Post by Russian Heel »

I played it, it's not a bad scenario, but I have to say it got almost nothing right about the conflict in Vietnam.
Pergite!

Post by Pergite! »

I tested the scenario, but under B488 which apparently has some bugs. So I do not really know how representative my feedback is due to this.
I don´t know if the bugs effect the AI as well, but despite my own hampered AI had no real problem achieving the objectives.
39 x SA-2 launches and just one kill. I had a heavy EW presence around my targets but I did not expect it to be that efficient. After 2 hrs game time the objectives 1 and 3 was completed, with just one own aircraft lost (12 NVA shot down, and just the defences up and around Dong Hoi standing.

- Enemy air attacks came piecemeal and was easily countered (even though my pilots due to the bug had some serious issues).
- The "Da Nang Strike"-event kept firing constantly.
- The convoy had a rather high speed, I would like to draw it down to well under 50 kmh.

AdmiralSteve

Post by AdmiralSteve »

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll change the Dan Nang Strike re-firing. I had attempted to plot a realistic route for the convoy to travel, i.e. grades less than 10%. Nothing like a pack of trucks going up a cliff. [;)]
I'm curious if the B-52's came into play when you played?
“There are no extraordinary men...just extraordinary circumstances that ordinary men are forced to deal with.”

AdmiralSteve

Post by AdmiralSteve »

ORIGINAL: Russian Heel

I played it, it's not a bad scenario, but I have to say it got almost nothing right about the conflict in Vietnam.
It was intended as a fictional scenario.

Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

bump

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”