Feature Requests

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Pukeko

Feature Requests

Post by Pukeko »

First off I would like to say what a great game it is. Big thanks to the developers (and to Baloogan for his videos). I have been playing for a number of weeks and I have a number of items that would improve the game for me (and hopefully other people as well). Most of these are about the split and polish of the game.

1. The first is no click-hold of a mouse button to move the map around. I was surprised that Command does not have this. This is because similar services/programs that use maps have click-hold to move the map. I use my scroll-wheel of my mouse to zoom in and out and the arrow keys to move the map around at the moment. Not too bad as I now have had some time to get used to this - but in my view it takes a little longer than it should to maximise the AO region. What do other people think of this?

2. Improving the mission editior (I think there might be some requests on the forum already about this). A way of reducing the units displayed on the units unassigned list to make it easier to find the units that you want. Possibly a checkbox for only listing units in the air or a checkbox for if you click and drag around a bunch of units then open the mission editor, only those units appear in the units unassigned list (unless you uncheck the 'Only Selected Units' checkbox).

3. Shortcut to clear the log. Before I speed up the game I clear the log. Then if a new event happens it is easy to notice straight away and slow the game back down.

4. Scenario Briefing - expand the multi-line textbox as the window expands (See scenario briefing of 'Stand Up' as a example). I know this is a very minor item, but as a Windows developer this sticks out for me.

5. Database viewer changes. Links on the page for the aircraft, ship, etc to its weapons. Then a back button so you can go back to that aircraft, ship. Also to allow a person to copy text from the viewer. This makes it possible to paste in the filter box of the database viewer and paste into a browser to get further information.
Casinn

RE: Feature Requests

Post by Casinn »

1. I set it to zoom in on mouse cursor (in options) then zoom out and zoom in where I want to move the map most of the time.

3. You can set any event you want to cue you as a popup that stops play as well, then numpad enter to 1:1 time and close/resume popup. I wouldn't mind seeing a shortcut though.
Pukeko

Post by Pukeko »

Yeah I have started using the zoom in and out on mouse cursor. I will give setting an event for a pop-up a go.
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Thanks for the feedback and the kind words! Added to our stack.
Casinn

Post by Casinn »

Another shortcut I'd like to see is for - Show message log in a separate window. Single monitor, so I like the log running on screen, but when a large amount of combat spam hits that is too much to see on screen I'll pop up separate window to see what just happened.
There may be one and I'm missing it?

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”