Hidden activation...

Civil War 2 is the definitive grand strategy game of the period. It is a turn based regional game with an emphasis on playability and historical accuracy. It is built on the renowned AGE game engine, with a modern and intuitive interface that makes it easy to learn yet hard to master.
This historical operational strategy game with a simultaneous turn-based engine (WEGO system) that places players at the head of the USA or CSA during the American Civil War (1861-1865).

Moderator: Pocus

GBS

Hidden activation...

Post by GBS »

Could I please get an explanation of this? Also, is there a new replay feature? If so, I cant find it. The secrecy about this 1.03 patch is baffling.
"It is well War is so terrible lest we grow fond of it." -
R. E. Lee

"War..god help me, I love it so." - G. Patton
Ace1_slith

RE: Hidden activation...

Post by Ace1_slith »

At the beginning of every turn all generals are active. In the first phase of the turn resolution, a check is made to determine if he is active or not. If he turns out inactive(more likely for a bad general), his attack orders will be canceled, and he will suffer movement and combat penalties as inactive general.
So the mayor change is that you never know in the planning phase will your general be active or inactive.

Replay feature is for now released without an interface. It can be called upon by invoking order console (pressing the key in the upper left of the keyboard- below the esc key). When the console is open, type loadreplay in the text box. Use SPACE to pause and play, esc to exit replay mode.
Ol Choctaw

Post by Ol Choctaw »

Pocus said the replay feature is a console only command. You must activate it by typing : no VCR

It is rather memory intense also. Not something you want to use in single player.

Out side that, I don’t know how to access the console. I am sure someone dose.
GBS

Post by GBS »

Thanks to you both.
"It is well War is so terrible lest we grow fond of it." -
R. E. Lee

"War..god help me, I love it so." - G. Patton
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

ORIGINAL: Ace1

At the beginning of every turn all generals are active. In the first phase of the turn resolution, a check is made to determine if he is active or not. If he turns out inactive(more likely for a bad general), his attack orders will be canceled, and he will suffer movement and combat penalties as inactive general.
So the mayor change is that you never know in the planning phase will your general be active or inactive.

Is this optional? Thanks
Ol Choctaw

Post by Ol Choctaw »

Hidden activation is an option. It is the far right option in activation rules.
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

Good. Thank you.
Jim D Burns

Post by Jim D Burns »

ORIGINAL: Ol Choctaw

Out side that, I don’t know how to access the console. I am sure someone dose.

shift ~

I think, not 100% sure. Once it's open, type in ? for list of some of the commands. This comes from my memory using it in PON, have never tried using it in CW2.

Jim

Return to “Civil War II”