game won't start

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

orca

game won't start

Post by orca »

I have had command for some time but I just got a new iMac. I am using vmware fusion and windows xp. I redownloaded and installed command on my new computer. During installation It stated that I already had the most up to date software. I can't remember the details but during installation I was asked to download this specific piece of software because it is necessary to run commend.

Everything seemed to be working and I opened command and got to "command start" window. I selected "play command" but then got an error message saying "command has stopped working". When I selected view problem details it said:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01: command.exe

Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0

Problem Signature 03: 523609a0

Problem Signature 04: Microsoft.VisualBasic

Problem Signature 05: 11.0.50938.18408

Problem Signature 06: 52313bc9

Problem Signature 07: 96

Problem Signature 08: 2c

Problem Signature 09: System.IO.FileNotFoundException

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid= ... cid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

What do I need to do to get things to work?

Thanks
orca

RE: game won't start

Post by orca »

I also email matrix games support. This was their response:

I do apologize for the issues you are experiencing. We cannot guarantee that it will run in vmware or in any other virtualization software. I suggest you to update the game with the last 1.02 patch. Open the folder where the game was installed and locate the folder named "PreRequisites". Open that folder and run "dotNetFx45_Full_setup.exe". Then locate another folder named "directx_mar2009_redist" and opent it. Locate "DXSetp.exe" and run it. Now run the game and check if the issue persists.

I have the latest version. I ran both of those files.
for dotNetFx45_Full_setup.exe it said I had the latest verion
for DXSetp.exe it installed something

Now I no longer get the error message when I select play command. The command start up window begins as it normally should but the game never loads. Any suggestions on how to fix? I have a new imac with 3.4ghz quad-core i5 and 16gb ram. I'm using VMware fusion. Has anyone else been able to use vmware?

Please help. I really love the game and frustrated because I can no longer play!
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

Update game to 1.02 and download Build 486 from:

tm.asp?m=3525628

Just extract the files to game folder.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

NakedWeasel

Post by NakedWeasel »

With B490, still no start. [:@]
Though surrounded by a great number of enemies
View them as a single foe
And so fight on!
NakedWeasel

Post by NakedWeasel »

OK, I copied B486 .EXE over B490, leaving all of B490's other files in place, and presto- it lives! So, it's the .EXE.

BTW I had to do a hard shutdown with the actual power button on the PC just to accomplish the above- so it's a serious bug in the program. That's just REALLY disappointing.
And so fight on!
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Try upgrading to 490 again. Make sure you close down command before doing so. When you launch and you did get a crash screen can you post it so we can see what the error is.

There are a number of reasons we see Command not launching for people

1)Updates are not installed. When you launch Command the first you time you should hit the update button in the matrix launcher and install up to 1.02.

2) Prerequisites need to be installed. If you don't think the installer is doing the trick go into your prerequisites folder [C:\Matrix Games\Command Modern Air Naval Operations\PreRequisites] and run dotNetFx45_Full_setup.exe and then go into the directx_mar2009_redist folder and run DXSETUP.exe.

3) Folks have also had success by deleting their Command.ini file in C:\Matrix Games\Command Modern Air Naval Operations. This file will be rewritten when you start again.

Let me know if you've ever done modifications for any flight sims or may be using a non US version of windows.

If you do see a crash screen post it which will help us determine what the issue is.
sluggy2010

Post by sluggy2010 »

I have macs and VMFusion as well I'll do a fresh install of this and post here.

What settings did you put on the VM?

Regards

Sluggy
orca

Post by orca »

Hallelujah! Updating to 490 did the trick.

I'm back in action and life can resume. Thanks to all for the help.
NakedWeasel

Post by NakedWeasel »

Yussss!!!! I finally got my install of B490 to work by following the suggestion of installing Win Med. Plyr. I did not want that particular bloatware clogging up my windows directory but I guess I'll just have to live with it, and continue to use third party media players. Meh. Anyway, thanks for your help, Team...
And so fight on!

Return to “Tech Support”