In Game Editor

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Leaddernoir

In Game Editor

Post by Leaddernoir »

Hello,

Looking forward to the new modding expansion and even though everything seems to be on the hush hush at the moment, maybe someone could shed some light on my question.

Will the mod allow us to change things (like add a new tech to a tech tree) via the in game editor during a game? Personally, I really like the in-game editor as it gives you a cool alternative means of playing or rather sandboxing a game :)

Thanks
ASHBERY76

RE: In Game Editor

Post by ASHBERY76 »

I doubt it.It will most likely be a text file.
Leaddernoir

Post by Leaddernoir »

I suspect you are right.

Thank you for the response ASHBERY
towerbooks3192

Post by towerbooks3192 »

If I got one wish for this wrapping up expansion, I wish they would include an easy to use faction creator. It would be the best wrapping up feature as we could make our own factions and stories easily. I really wanted to get in to modding some stuff or editing but its a bit hard for me if it is through a notepad.
et ignobiles oblivio
Leaddernoir

Post by Leaddernoir »

ORIGINAL: towerbooks3192

If I got one wish for this wrapping up expansion, I wish they would include an easy to use faction creator. It would be the best wrapping up feature as we could make our own factions and stories easily. I really wanted to get in to modding some stuff or editing but its a bit hard for me if it is through a notepad.

I think there is something similar to what you are requesting in the modding forum under the title, modding tool. Its not released yet but maybe you should check it out if you haven't already.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”