No map at startup or ever.

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Reaperone64

No map at startup or ever.

Post by Reaperone64 »

So I've installed the game about 6 times, clearing it off of the laptop properly every time,updated with the updater and off the forum downloads, and all I ever get is the white screen where the map ought to be. Searched the forum and my main concern is that this game needs Dx9, and wont run on a higher one for some reason. This is bad, and hopefully wrong, because my Vista 64 will only go back as far as Dx10.

The builds that run fine are 480, 486. 488 comes up with errors, 'user' something.

Any insight on what is wrong? It would be a shame, being a Harpoon player, and an irritating waste of £63 if it is FUBAR

Thanks

Dxdiag inc., if it makes a difference
Attachments
DxDiag.txt
(32.77 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
mikmykWS

RE: No map at startup or ever.

Post by mikmykWS »

What happens when you try and install the direct x? Has the game worked before?

Thanks!

Mike
Reaperone64

Post by Reaperone64 »

The game always starts up to the main menu, it has the usual screen behind it, fully clickable, the mouse even has the lat/long etc. data as you scroll where the map should be. If I load a scenario I can pick out the odd unit/ base when I scroll over it by chance, so the game is definitely running. There is a bit of crackly audio occasionally.

I've tried the Dx9 that it asks me to install at the end of the installer. It goes through the motions but the laptop already has Dx10 loaded so doesn't overwrite it. I wouldn't think that having a later version would be a problem, or is there a difference? I could try changing Dx over manually if it really is a problem.

The Net framework has been installed fresh by me to version 4.5, wasn't sure if it was the game installer's problem or not, still nothing, so I presume that is NOT the problem.

Anything I can do to narrow it down?

Appreciate the interest[:)]
Reaperone64

Post by Reaperone64 »

I should add that I've since found out that the laptop has Vista 32, rather than 64. The problem is still the same though.
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Hello,

Can you please try with v1.03 and let us know what is happening? Thank you!
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

bump

Return to “Tech Support”