Homeworld 1 Shipset

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

DeadlyShoe

Homeworld 1 Shipset

Post by DeadlyShoe »

This is a prototype version of a shipset using (mostly) Kushan ships from Homeworld 1. There were some limitations on the ships I used owing to a limited selection for the Unit Viewer; expanding that selection would take a lot of time and effort. Another option is to reinstall the game and take ingame screenshots but I believe that would produce inferior graphics quality. I may try it should other options prove fruitless.

I chose to try to maintain the conventions of the Homeworld universe over sticking to Distant Worlds standards, this expresses itself mainly by using the same sprite for all freighters and mining ships. I may change this if I make a proper Refinery sprite.

Anyways, enjoy if this is your bag ;)

Attachments
HWKushan.zip
(2.2 MiB) Downloaded 87 times
Isimiel

RE: Homeworld 1 Shipset

Post by Isimiel »

The carrier looks quite good upside down actually lol keep em coming =) ps i found the viewer but it only has the imp scout idk why but I SHALL CONQUER ALL WITH THE SCOUT!
Antarian

RE: Homeworld 1 Shipset

Post by Antarian »

awesome set! Keep at it!
"If there are gods, they do not care, and justice always goes to the strong. But remember this: All that is done before the naked stars is remembered" Klingon proverb.

Return to “Design and Modding”