Storm Over the Pacific

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

rhondabrwn

Storm Over the Pacific

Post by rhondabrwn »

Gamer's Gate has it for $1 today... yes ONE DOLLAR.

Seems strange, but bought it with Blue Coins I had sitting around.

Also indicates a 1.14 patch while 1.11 is the latest mentioned in the matrix SOTP forum.

Just thought I'd share the news.
Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(
rhondabrwn

RE: Storm Over the Pacific

Post by rhondabrwn »

On sale for 13 days at this price.
Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

Qwixt

Post by Qwixt »

Thanks. I bought it with blue coins too.
rhondabrwn

Post by rhondabrwn »

Is Wastelands Interactive breaking up with Gamer's Gate and GG is dumping the game? There has to be a story behind this... anyone have any idea?
Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

Qwixt

Post by Qwixt »

I don't know. I think it's just a regular sale.
wesy

Post by wesy »

What a bargain $1...well "free" with the right number of blue coins...spend more on gas waiting in traffic!
"I ran into Isosceles. He had a great idea for a new triangle!"...Woody Allen
Greybriar

Post by Greybriar »

GamersGate is also offering another Wastelands Interactive game, World War 2: Time of Wrath, FREE of charge. Just click the button on its product page to add it to your account.
This war is not about slavery. --Robert E. Lee
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Thanks for the post, I just bought the game for a dollar - WOW and a free Time of Wrath 2 - also on the GG site it lists a 1.91 patch?

Isn't Time of Wrath 2 the same game as Time Of Fury but an earlier version?

Thanks for the info

I downloaded and it comes up with this box about a missing file sop.exe - system error
audiere.dll is missing from your computer. try reinstalling the program to fix this problem. However, I also installed the patch and when I go to the hard drive and create a shortcut the game works but is not showing the 1.14 patch in the game, its still showing the game as 1.0? What do you think? Is it 1.0 or 1.14?

The desktop icon when pressed also doesn't work when it asks to save and exit so thats why I created a shortcut.
ezzler

Post by ezzler »

I'd say time of wrath for free is about the right price for that game.
Actually that is a bit harsh.

The $1 price is fair.
Zovs

Post by Zovs »

Is this really legitimate?

Seems off/weird or odd...
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator
Greybriar

Post by Greybriar »

ORIGINAL: dlazov66

Is this really legitimate?

Seems off/weird or odd...

Yes, it is legitimate.
Alchenar

Post by Alchenar »

They're giving away a defunct game in order to raise interest in their new one. That's a perfectly legitimate and reasonable marketing strategy. Unfortunately the defunct game is quite bad.
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Too many WWII games anyways it should be free. Unfortunately I already own it buying it in some other bargain sale a while back. Didn't like it so off it goes. I also read on Steam that "Fall Weiss" is onsale for as low as a $1 on some site. You can probably google it and find it. I'm just too lazy to do it. It's like one of those Humble Bundle deals except it's on another site. You donate you get a bunch of useless crap. I cannot believe some people donate like $35 for this stuff. I wouldn't give you a plug nickel for.

Oh and while I am soap boxing. My goodness Sid Meier's Colonization the new one sucks big balls. You have to achieve your independence before any other faction?? That's the stupidiest thing I ever read of the new rules. I like the old one better because then I can declare independence when I wants to. The other fool thing they done is restrict the number of forefathers to how many there are in the game. In the old version everyone could have the same forefather. It was hard enough playing with those rules let alone having to play with restricted ones and depending on the ai to go a long time before declaring independence. Which they always did in the old game waaaayyyy before I did. There's some other stuff they changed I had read something about the tory units and how they come about that is different also. The game sucks balls soooo bad I didn't get that far to see or want to. Man how Fraxis and Sid have screwed up some great games is beyond me....Sid's new Railroads game is for little girls. (that's what he said he made it for his daughter lol) and those Airplane Patrol games are a joke as well. Nothing campaigny about them just some sandbox fly by knights.

On a brighter note I did find a little game called "Ticket to Ride" that is pretty good for a $9.99 game. Course I beat the pants off of it most of the time. Only when I don't pay attention do I lose. The ai isn't that great but it might give you a little challenge. Much better than Sid Meier's Ace Patrol games. Plus now there is so much crap being let in by Steam and this dam kickstarter program and Greenlite crap that it's hard to find the good ones from all the crap bad ones. What's with all this retro platformers back in time to the 80's? If you're going to make some 80's looking crap at least make some good turn based games. They sure did back in the 80's and early 90's.
Greybriar

Post by Greybriar »

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

....My goodness Sid Meier's Colonization the new one sucks big balls....

I was also disappointed with Sid Meier’s Civilization IV: Colonization. You might want to give The Authentic Colonization mod a try.

Edit: For more information about the mod, there is an informative thread about it here.
Alan Sharif

Post by Alan Sharif »

Thanks for letting us know. Got my copy yesterday.
A Sharif
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

I fixed the audiere.dll problem. I uninstalled the game and placed it on the default drive and it works

Return to “General Discussion”