What's going on with this game ?

This exciting new release is a faithful adaptation of the renowned Conflict of Heroes board game that won the Origins Historical Game of the Year, Charles Roberts Wargame of the Year and the James F. Dunnigan Design Elegance Award, as well as many others!

Designed and developed in cooperation with Uwe Eickert, the original designer of Conflict of Heroes, and Western Civlization Software, the award-winning computer wargame studio, no effort has been spared to bring the outstanding Conflict of Heroes gameplay to the computer. Conflict of Heroes includes an AI opponent as well as full multiplayer support with an integrated forum and game lobby. To remain true to the core gameplay of the board game, the PC version is designed to be fun, fast and easy to play, though hard to master. The game design is also historically accurate and teaches and rewards platoon and company-level combined arms tactics without overwhelming the player with rules.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

PKH

What's going on with this game ?

Post by PKH »

There has barely been any communication since the release of SoS. Is there a patch in the works ? More expansions ? Anything ?
Charly G

RE: What's going on with this game ?

Post by Charly G »

I agree with you. All is quiet after the release of SoS. Some problems and some bugs need quickly a patch and there is no any communication about a next update. I like this game and I hope it's not the end of this series.
berto

Post by berto »

ORIGINAL: Charly G

I like this game and I hope it's not the end of this series.
I hope they stick with it long enough to eventually release a PC version of Guadalcanal.
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... hp?f=10167
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com
z1812

Post by z1812 »

Not very good customer relations. Some fellows have been asking a question about scripts since the middle of last November without any answer.
Charly G

Post by Charly G »

What's happening ? No answer to the questions, I hope to see the developers on the forum again.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Might as well try gossip and rumor

My guesses, game bombed at the box office and it isn't worth the time (not likely or the sequel would not be made), health issues, infighting, too busy with some project that is making money, some contract deadline approaching is more important, Michigan is buried in snow...
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
z1812

Post by z1812 »

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

Might as well try gossip and rumor

My guesses, game bombed at the box office and it isn't worth the time (not likely or the sequel would not be made), health issues, infighting, too busy with some project that is making money, some contract deadline approaching is more important, Michigan is buried in snow...

Something like the above is probably the case........however one would wish that someone from Matrix would come along to provide some information considering customers, including me, payed money for this game.

Sometimes I think Matrix is on the slippery edge of abandoning quality for quantity.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Ever since the merger...
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
KEYSTONE07950

Post by KEYSTONE07950 »

Ever since the merger...

In my opinion, Matrix / Slitherine may not be as patient with non-blockbusters like CoH and my old favorite Panzer Command Ostfront.

The mere fact that they published Command: Modern Air/Naval, Command Ops and Flashpoint Campaigns shows their interest in and support for the innovative hard core wargame market.

Their business plan may not permit adding value to marginally performing products. Of course, I have no idea if what I wrote is valid or not - just an opinion.
I support the right to arm bears!
z1812

Post by z1812 »

ORIGINAL: KEYSTONE07950

Ever since the merger...

In my opinion, Matrix / Slitherine may not be as patient with non-blockbusters like CoH and my old favorite Panzer Command Ostfront.

The mere fact that they published Command: Modern Air/Naval, Command Ops and Flashpoint Campaigns shows their interest in and support for the innovative hard core wargame market.

Their business plan may not permit adding value to marginally performing products. Of course, I have no idea if what I wrote is valid or not - just an opinion.

Regardless they still need to treat customers properly. Having no input, interest, or communication from the developer or distributor, while customers are still visiting the forums is disappointing.
budd

Post by budd »

Ever since the merger...

Got to agree with this, it seems some titles just get lost in the shuffle......they didn't used too.

isn't the guy who worked on this making brother against brother? He's probably busy, but you would think someone would answer people's questions. This title hasn't been out that long.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

ORIGINAL: KEYSTONE07950

Ever since the merger...

That's quite a post from my point of view. It hit two games I'm very fond of Panzer Command Ostfront and Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm.

I have no idea why there isn't someone at least dropping by in here. Make enough noise though and someone from Matrix should come by to at least see what all the fuss is about.

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.
jack54

Post by jack54 »

I kind of think the support on the forum depends on the developer... Command: Modern Air/Naval, Command Ops and Flashpoint Campaigns
have great support, I believe that's their development teams... still I hope Matrix let's us know what's happening.
I posted a few times on this forum, a shame I like the game and would like to buy SOS but at this point I think I should have picked up
Panzer Command Ostfront while it was on sale. Anyway I hope nothing is wrong RL wise...
Avatar: Me borrowing Albert Ball's Nieuport 17

Counter from Bloody April by Terry Simo (GMT)
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi guys,

I know an update has been the works. I'll check with the developers and get you a reply.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
jack54

Post by jack54 »

Thanks, Erik![:)]
Avatar: Me borrowing Albert Ball's Nieuport 17

Counter from Bloody April by Terry Simo (GMT)
Gerry Edwards

Post by Gerry Edwards »

Hello Everyone,

Thought I'd post here first and tell you the 1.38 patch is now available and you can download it with your updater or from the public FTP. Please check the update post for details.

Cheers,
Gerry
Those who came before pave the path of tomorrow.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Thanks Gerry. I also want to report that Eric has been quite sick and is still recovering. It will be a while before the next update, but once he recovers he plans to do another one for Storms of Steel.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Cataphract88

Post by Cataphract88 »

Hi Gerry,

The link for the new patch is not working. I tried two different browsers.

EDIT: Problem now resolved.
Richard
erichswafford

Post by erichswafford »

Great game series. Tell the devs I wish them all the best and a speedy recovery for Eric. I actually didn't even notice that Storms of Steel was released until...today. Just missed it somehow.

"It is right to learn, even from the enemy."
- Ovid
Dorb

Post by Dorb »

Thank you and get well soon.
I am more afraid of an army of 100 sheep led by a lion than an army of 100 lions led by a sheep.
… Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Perigord

Return to “Conflict of Heroes Series”