VOTE FOR THE R & P FORUM!

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

SLAAKMAN

VOTE FOR THE R & P FORUM!

Post by SLAAKMAN »

I, THE MIGHTY SLAAKMAN motion for a Religion & Politics Forum to be added here immediately. I summon you to restore your honor.....what say you? Vote yes and I will hold your oaths fulfilled....WHAT SAY YOU?!!
Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill
PipFromSlitherine

RE: VOTE FOR THE R & P FORUM!

Post by PipFromSlitherine »

"This is not that day!"

[;)]
follow me on Twitter here
Zorch

Post by Zorch »

Amen.

"Back to the darkness from whence ye came"!
Aurelian

Post by Aurelian »

ORIGINAL: PipFromSlitherine

"This is not that day!"

[;)]

Hope it never comes.
Watched a documentary on beavers. Best dam documentary I've ever seen.
Gilmer

Post by Gilmer »

I hope Someday Never Comes.
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
shaddock

Post by shaddock »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eabefjsJsAQ

The politics of dancing - hows that?
save the carrots; eat a vegan!
Zap

Post by Zap »

I vote for such a forum. But it must share only my opinion and outlook on life. Because no one else is qualified to have an opinion.
If you refuse just make a forum about aliens.
Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

Not sure whats a better analogy:

It's a Trap!

Or the puzzle box from hellraiser.

Such a forum could only serve the purpose to make any intelligent, empathy-capable, compassionate human to come away feeling dumber for even just reading the kind of horrifically warped and regurgigated aborted births of fear and paranoia that would fill its pages and it would only make the Matrix Games forums into a nasty place
SuluSea

Post by SuluSea »

ORIGINAL: Agathosdaimon

Such a forum could only serve the purpose to make any intelligent, empathy-capable, compassionate human to come away feeling dumber for even just reading the kind of horrifically warped and regurgigated aborted births of fear and paranoia that would fill its pages and it would only make the Matrix Games forums into a nasty place

"There’s no such thing as a bitter person who keeps the bitterness to himself.” ~ Erwin Lutzer
Terl

Post by Terl »

ORIGINAL: Aurelian

ORIGINAL: PipFromSlitherine

"This is not that day!"

[;)]

Hope it never comes.

Amen to that!!
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

If I wanted to listen to extreme, often nasty views of either wing of the political spectrum I could scroll the comments section on either Fox News or The Huffington post. No shortage of that there. And honestly, for me at least, I feel religion should be a private matter. Granted, I don't mind the well wishes or traditional holiday greetings from whatever faith, I just don't want to discuss religion.

I don't mind discussing things of a political nature and unlike others I am not so close minded to entertain the notion that I hold the 'intelligence' high ground because of my views. I appreciate honest debate and have been swayed on several issues before. There's so many points of views and angles I may have never considered had that dialog not taken place. To me the most dangerous thing that can happen is for people to close their ears and hearts for dissenting opinions, of any stripe. I refuse to endorse nor condemn anyone based on a letter by their name that is all too common these days. At the same time I'm not one for these silly far fetched conspiracy theories either.

I've said before in other threads that I'd hate to live in an America that was of one ideology. One of the biggest things that makes America great in my opinion are the multitude of ideas, cultures, and peoples. The melting pot serves me well.

Concerning the original question, Matrix won't allow it for obvious reasons and I can't say that I disagree with them. I wouldn't either if it were my company. As someone who has owned and ran a business that employed others, these things are best left alone. I'd also add that we have pretty much latitude to discuss things civilly on these forums. Of course occasionally people get a little too emotional at times. Ive been guilty of that and have in fact recently returned from some self imposed time off here for just that reason. I'd be content if they would let us continue with certain discussions that could be construed as semi political but were in fact inquisitive, informative, or just possibly core values that came up during a discussion. I don't see much indication that would change too much.

mo reb

**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
KG Erwin

Post by KG Erwin »

If certain forumers want a place to circulate their crackpot theories then they can start their own independent forum in a galaxy far, far away. It has no place here. Wargamers have a tough enough time being accepted in the mainstream without being labeled as crackpots as it is. Don't encourage that stereotype.
SLAAKMAN

Post by SLAAKMAN »

PipFromSlitherine

Pip, an R&P forum along the lines of the Wargamer forum with special permission to access required would prevent political spill-over into the rest of the board. Then there would be no danger of contamination by my detractors and their corrupted delusions.
[:D]
Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill
Perturabo

Post by Perturabo »

ORIGINAL: KG Erwin

Wargamers have a tough enough time being accepted in the mainstream without being labeled as crackpots as it is.
This sentence is incomprehensible.
gradenko2k

Post by gradenko2k »

That this particular hobby involves simulated control of literal Nazis, Communists, Confederates, Huns and other such controversial elements should be enough of a fog-horn warning that any "political subforum" would quickly turn into a hugbox for reprehensible points-of-view.
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

I don't care one way or another. But I got to ask, why all the fear over a forum thread that you would never see or read unless you wanted to? Those who don't like it, would never have to visit it.[&:] The very nature of our games is political.
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

That does not necessarily follow. So I am an avid WWII war gamer - by your reasoning that makes it more likely I will hold extreme left or extreme right wing views? Put any bunch of individuals together and you will have a variety of view points ranging from two extremes and whole manner of grey in between. That facet is not confined to the wargaming community.
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

"So I am an avid WWII war gamer - by your reasoning that makes it more likely I will hold extreme left or extreme right wing views?"

Is this in reply to me? If so, how do you draw that conclusion from what I wrote?
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: vonRocko

"So I am an avid WWII war gamer - by your reasoning that makes it more likely I will hold extreme left or extreme right wing views?"

Is this in reply to me? If so, how do you draw that conclusion from what I wrote?
warspite1

Seriously?

The first clue is that my response has nothing to do what you said, but more importantly, the second clue is where it quite clearly states "in reply to gradenko 2000" in the bottom right hand corner [;)]
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

ORIGINAL: vonRocko

warspite1

Seriously?

The first clue is that my response has nothing to do what you said, but more importantly, the second clue is where it quite clearly states "in reply to gradenko 2000" in the bottom right hand corner [;)]

My apologies. I missed the "in reply to" thingy.

Return to “General Discussion”