Convoys for Resources

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Primarchx

Convoys for Resources

Post by Primarchx »

I'm putting down the CW's convoys but I'm not straight on how the convoys map to moving resources.

If I am getting three resources from Australia do I have to have three convoys for those resources off Australia, in the Bay of Bengal, Red Sea, Med, Bay of Biscay, etc (ie three convoys to move the resources for each sea zone)? If that's the case, and I have to transit 8 sea zones to get them to England, I have to use 24 convoys?

I don't see much clarification in the rules on this.
christo

RE: Convoys for Resources

Post by christo »

short answer- yes
long answer- yes

certainly makes those rescources closer to the factories more economical.
joshuamnave

Post by joshuamnave »

You don't need to bring the Aussie resources home to reach max production. If you are planning on using the Aussie resources, you might find it easier to convoy them to Canadian factories, and send all of the Canadian resources to British factories. As for the mechanics of doing so under the production planning form in MWIF, well... that's a whole 'nother discussion. I'm attaching a save game file that has the setup complete for every country but Germany. If you open it and look at the convoy setup for the UK, you'll see one way to do it. However, to make it work I had to spend a non inconsequential amount of time wrestling with the production planning form.
Attachments
initialsetup.zip
(1.55 MiB) Downloaded 14 times
Head Geek in Charge at politigeek.net - the intersection of politics and all things geeky
Extraneous

Post by Extraneous »

It sounds like your trying to establish convoys for "Food in Flames" (which is a good idea).

One Australian resource could be railed to the factory in Melbourne, Australia so you wouldn't need a CP (convoy point) for it.

Yes it takes 1 CP per sea zone if you are going to ship the other two Australian resources to Great Britain. 8 sea zones would require 8 CP.

But if you are planning for "Food in Flames" you only need one Australia resource to reach Great Britain.

Have you considered establishing a convoy line using one Australian resource to Mexico and railing it to a factory in Canada?

ORIGINAL: WiFFW-RAW-7.0.pdf
You can rail a resource point both before and after shipping it overseas but you can not ship it overseas, then rail it, then ship it overseas again.

University of Science Music and Culture (USMC) class of 71 and 72 ~ Extraneous (AKA Mziln)

Return to “World in Flames”