Forum Rules.

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Orm

Forum Rules.

Post by Orm »

Where do I find the Forum Rules?
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
VPaulus

RE: Forum Rules.

Post by VPaulus »

Basically you can read them when you are registering an account

register.asp
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

ORIGINAL: Orm

Where do I find the Forum Rules?

who you gonna narc on? )
Favoritism is alive and well here.
Orm

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: VPaulus

register.asp
That was the only rules that I could find but these can't be the latest version of the forum rules. Or so I think because I know that political discussions are forbidden but I can't find anything about it there.

There is a link there as well but it is dead to me: http://www.matrixgames.com/termsofuse.asp

I am sorry to be annoying but from time to time I like to refresh my knowledge of such things.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

register.asp
That was the only rules that I could find but these can't be the latest version of the forum rules. Or so I think because I know that political discussions are forbidden but I can't find anything about it there.

There is a link there as well but it is dead to me: http://www.matrixgames.com/termsofuse.asp

I am sorry to be annoying but from time to time I like to refresh my knowledge of such things.
warspite1

Ormster if you are so keen on the rules then kindly follow rule 13.4(b) sub-paragraph 2((iii). This states that, and I quote:

"Any Swede with less than 5,000 posts MUST post a picture of the most beautiful girl in Sweden on the Aussie Beauties thread forthwith".
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Yogi the Great

Post by Yogi the Great »

Rules, Policies, and Disclaimers

If you agree to abide by our rules below and the Terms of Use which can be found at http://www.matrixgames.com/termsofuse.asp, please click on the Forum Agreement box and then press the Ok button, which will enable you to register on this message board. If you do not agree to these terms, press the Cancel button.

This message board is where gamers can feel free to exchange ideas and communicate directly with Matrix Games and its developers. You will find Matrix Games and its developers to be very hands on to answer your questions, give support and discuss your ideas for our products or just to chat.

In order to keep this a place for all of us to enjoy and for you to participant on our message board we must layout a few rules and policies.

Matrix Games is solely responsible for creating, hosting, and maintaining this message board. This is a private board and shall not be used for anyone personal causes.

Matrix Games.com reserves the right to ban any person from this message board which it has determined to be in violation or simply just for the good of the overall community. Matrix Games also reserves the right to delete or remove any post on our message board.

Bearing that in mind, all Members must agree to follow these simple rules:
1.No foul language or any type of language that would be consider abusive this includes any materials which are knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, sexual oriented, vulgar, obscene, hateful, harassing, profane, racist, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or that otherwise violates any local, state, national or international law or regulation.

2.No posting of any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by yourself or one of Matrix Games, its developers, or its agents.

3.No multiple message board accounts by a single person are prohibited.

4.No blatant advertisements for non-Matrix Games products, schemes, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also prohibited from this message board. Users are allowed to include a web site address in a signature, request comments on their personal site in a social setting, or provide an interesting or relevant link to another site.

5.No Trolling. Trolling is whenever someone is clearly, deliberately posting in a manner for the purpose of angering and/or insulting the other participants of the message board. Trolling could be directed towards one user or a group of users. Trolling DOES NOT encourage further discussion; it only encourages personal attacks and will not be tolerated.

6.No Copyright Infringement posts. We do not permit the posting of information that will enable other people to use pirated software or to evade the copyright laws. Please DO NOT post serial numbers or CD keys, copyrighted media or links to sites that contain file-sharing software or such information.

7.No rude or disrespectful posts to or about any forum moderators or Matrix Games Staff. We will not tolerate any forum member acting in this manner.

Matrix Games will maintain a high-level decency standard on our message board.

Legal disclaimer:

Matrix Games does not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of Matrix Games or any entity associated with it. Members remain solely responsible for the content of their messages, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless this Matrix Games, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of messages. Matrix Games also reserves the right to reveal Member identities and / or recent activities.

Revised: November 01, 2005.
Hooked Since AH Gettysburg
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

5.No Trolling.

The most violated rule ^ and least enforced of all the rules put together. [:D]
parusski

Post by parusski »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

register.asp

warspite1

Ormster if you are so keen on the rules then kindly follow rule 13.4(b) sub-paragraph 2((iii). This states that, and I quote:

"Any Swede with less than 5,000 posts MUST post a picture of the most beautiful girl in Sweden on the Aussie Beauties thread forthwith".

I am dissapointed you forgot to mention Dutchmen are not allowed to post.
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

How about rule 457.8 amendment 67 paragraph 7 that sates people from Minnesota and Wyoming are not allowed to post more than once a day.[:D]
"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
TulliusDetritus

Post by TulliusDetritus »

I truly miss this rule. And it should be #1:

1. Forum members are not allowed to contradict me. The doc says this is very very bad for my health!
"Hitler is a horrible sexual degenerate, a dangerous fool" - Mussolini, circa 1934
Grollub

Post by Grollub »

Ah that's a relief. I have far too many posts to be required to go looking for a babe picture [:D]
“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: rogo727

How about rule 457.8 amendment 67 paragraph 7 that sates people from Minnesota and Wyoming are not allowed to post more than once a day.[:D]

Rude! Offensive! Write 'em up!
Boomer78

Post by Boomer78 »

As a private forum, the admins here certainly can set whatever rules they want. However, I had no idea that politics/social issues, etc would be so stringently censored. Practically every thread I've posted in that started or grew into a political chat got locked, even the ones where the discussion was civil. So yes, they can have whatever rules that they see appropriate. I can also choose not post somewhere that is so restrictive. You guys seem like a nice bunch, and it's been fun chatting with you over the last few months. But I don't really feel that it's conducive or healthy to try and be myself or get to know other people in what is more or less a censored forum. I don't think this forum is my style.

If I ever issues or questions regarding Matrix games, I'll certainly post them here or email the devs. Outside of that I think I'll take the long walk now. We choose our fates. I prefer mine with a little bit more freedom sauce on top.
"Fly, god dammit it fly! God damn cheap Japanese flying packs!"
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Grollub

Ah that's a relief. I have far too many posts to be required to go looking for a babe picture [:D]
warspite1

Grollub! What brings you to these here parts?? [:)]
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
TulliusDetritus

Post by TulliusDetritus »

Boomer, after all we must not forget this is the forum of a company which sells (or produces or whatever) games. A gamers's community? Apparently [8D]

If anything, I am quite surprised such a forum has managed to attract a lot of people. But they did. But not the typical forum, where politics, economics etc. are discussed. Anyways, I always had a problem with the "trolling" thing. Simply because trolling is the most common human trait [:D]

From the Wikipedia:

"either accidentally or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion"

This can work with amoebas, but with humans? As per the above definition, a politician (NO exceptions at all eh) has to be necessarily a troll, in fact a MEGA troll (they're trolling those who don't vote him/her) [;)] I have to add that I never met in my entire life anyone who was not a "troll" (me included obviously [:D]).

I always suspected those who wrote these definitions don't have any social life (or they have to be / interact only with amoebas). In the real world, people REACT (in one way or another). It's called social interaction. According to some internets geeks that is "trolling" though. If that makes them feel more important, I'm no one to contradict these poor souls.
"Hitler is a horrible sexual degenerate, a dangerous fool" - Mussolini, circa 1934
PipFromSlitherine

Post by PipFromSlitherine »

The forum rules tend to serve a single core purpose - to keep the forums as a place where anyone can post questions about the games and get friendly, relevant feedback. We've always been very proud of the quality of our community - as seen from the relatively small amount of moderation that is ever required.

From a personal point of view I have yet to find anywhere on the internet where its possible to find actual >discussion< of politics or religion anyway. They always degenerate into an echo chamber or argument-free personal attacks. Godwin's law is usually in full effect [:)].

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
Orm

Post by Orm »

Could someone, please, tell me if these rules http://www.matrixgames.com/termsofuse.asp are the current and complete rules for this forum?

And, if so, should not the rules be available somewhere in the forum other than were you sign up for a new account?
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

Rule 1009.7 section 8 paragraph 235 line 8 states... Any member who has reached matrix elite guard level status cannot be condemned as a "troll". However I am told that this will be changed in the massive 109th matrix new rules supplement due out very soon.
"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
Grollub

Post by Grollub »

ORIGINAL: Grollub

warspite1

Grollub! What brings you to these here parts?? [:)]

Misclick [;)]
“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

ORIGINAL: PipFromSlitherine

The forum rules tend to serve a single core purpose - to keep the forums as a place where anyone can post questions about the games and get friendly, relevant feedback. We've always been very proud of the quality of our community - as seen from the relatively small amount of moderation that is ever required.

From a personal point of view I have yet to find anywhere on the internet where its possible to find actual >discussion< of politics or religion anyway. They always degenerate into an echo chamber or argument-free personal attacks. Godwin's law is usually in full effect [:)].

Cheers

Pip

Almmm you violated your own rules talking about what politics and religion leads to....so ban yourself now....oh about 3 days should do the trick. [:-][:'(]

Return to “General Discussion”