Accuracy and ECM need clarification on them.

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Larsenex

Accuracy and ECM need clarification on them.

Post by Larsenex »

Greetings. I have an example that I need some clarification on and such.

On one side is a destroyer (A) using maxos blasters. The destroyer has raptor targeting (50%) and Shadwow ghost ECM (50%). It ALSO has velocity shards. It will have about 20 armor.

going agains this destroyer (B) is another destroyer of same size. It has the same weapons.

It has combat targeting (10%) and no ecm.

Please explain how each will do in combat. What are 'to hit' numbers and what are the variables if any that affect how often my ships hit or miss.

Thanks..

More questions may be added as information is clarified on this topic.
Go for the Eyes Boo!

Intel 8700K Oc'd to 4.8ghz
32 gigs ram
GTX 1070 w/ 6gigs ram.
Using a cache drive from intel with a 60gig flash & 1 terrabyt hd accelerated.
ReadeB

RE: Accuracy and ECM need clarification on them.

Post by ReadeB »

Haven't seen any of this detailed info here in the past.

Not sure it has been published or "discovered".
Larsenex

Post by Larsenex »

Well it 'seems' that the Raptor targeting system is perhaps the single best piece of equipment you can acquire. Hitting more times as compared to your enemy will always ensure success. I want to hit often if not always and I want to avoid being hit.

So can anyone confirm if ECM affects ALL weapons? I would imagine that AOE weapons are not affected, ballistic weapons should have a greater dependence I would think vrs beam types but that is just my opinion.
Go for the Eyes Boo!

Intel 8700K Oc'd to 4.8ghz
32 gigs ram
GTX 1070 w/ 6gigs ram.
Using a cache drive from intel with a 60gig flash & 1 terrabyt hd accelerated.
CyclopsSlayer

Post by CyclopsSlayer »

The old 'accepted' knowledge, iirc, had Beams/Slugs affected by both ECM/ECCM. Torps supposedly didn't benefit from Targeting, but weren't as vulnerable to ECM. Don't remember how Missiles fit in. AOE ignored both entirely.

Fighters have fairly huge built in ECM/ECCM.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”