what are garrison troops ?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

nardiajn

what are garrison troops ?

Post by nardiajn »

Hello all -
playing a dababes DEI Conquest and I have an important question..
how can you tell what troops are 'garrison' reinforcements ?
I have Amoy, Chachow and a few others that are getting beat up with not enough garrison..
I sent a few engineers to those places.. but still low garrison..
any advise is appreciated..
(oh I am still somewhat of a newbie)

thanks !
dcpollay

RE: what are garrison troops ?

Post by dcpollay »

If I understand your question correctly, there are a few places where you are suffering some damage to your bases due to insufficient garrisons. You may be getting messages stating, "XXX base suffers damage and loss of 1 VP due to insufficient garrison?"

If this is the case, be aware that there are a number of bases that have a "garrison" requirement. That is, you need to maintain a certain troop presence there or the locals (who are not the enemy, but don't like your colonial presence) will cause mischief and damage to your facilities. Any required garrison level will show up in the center column of your base screen. You need to maintain an Assault Value of at least the number shown. So, it the garrison requirement is 50, you need to have at least 50 AV in the base at all times or there is a chance of vandalism. Regular engineer units usually don't have any AV, so they are not of help.
"It's all according to how your boogaloo situation stands, you understand."

Formerly known as Colonel Mustard, before I got Slitherine Syndrome.
nardiajn

Post by nardiajn »

excellent.. thank you !
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: nardiajn

excellent.. thank you !

Note that there are a number of Chinese units that can be broken down into small units. These broken down units can be used to maintain minimum garrison levels.

One useful tip. Restricted units cannot be transported by air but non restricted units can. Flying part of a unit to bases requiring a garrison is a very good way of creating a minimum garrison requirement. For instance a SNLF unit with 60 AV can be split three to maintain three, 20 AV bases.
slane_slith

Post by slane_slith »

Restricted units cannot be transported by air but non restricted units can.

Actually you can fly restricted units but the base they're going to has to be the same HQ as the troops...
"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph" -Thomas Paine

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”