Sicily to Brenner Pass - Play Test - DGL

Post accounts of your memorable victories and defeats here for other wargamers to share.

Moderators: ralphtricky, JAMiAM

Zovs

Sicily to Brenner Pass - Play Test - DGL

Post by Zovs »

Using version 2.0.

Will not even attempt to write this up at all.

But here are the screen shots for the first 10 or so turns.

At start

Turn 1

Turn 2

Turn 3

Turn 4

Turn 5

Turn 6

Turn 7
ImageImage

Turn 8
ImageImage

Turn 9
ImageImage

Turn 10
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator
Zovs

RE: Sicily to Brenner Pass - Play Test - DGL

Post by Zovs »

Currently on turn 12 and 12 hexes from Messina.

Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Hey there dlazov66 dude: Great pics. They tell the story. I'm seeing you doing better than I'm doing....
Good for you. Very interesting display of Generalship. I like it a lot. I want to see some more of this
adventure. Please keep us informed of your progress.
If you need to put warheads on foreheads who you gonna call? An FO...just one will do.
Zovs

Post by Zovs »

Larry thanks for the kind words!

I am pretty rusty, its been a few years since I played but the great thing about this game is a lot comes back to you.

I'll take some more screen shots then as things progress, not every turn (so time consuming I just want to crush elmo, lol) but I'll take some snaps of some interesting things.

I really like playing the Allies in this one.

2 hexes from Messina, the Jerries stuck 2 AA units in there, but I have 3 UK recon units so got to bring up the infantry brigades.

Where I am really weak in playing TOAW (or lazy) is the air game, usually I let the AI run it.
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

ORIGINAL: dlazov66

Larry thanks for the kind words!

I am pretty rusty, its been a few years since I played but the great thing about this game is a lot comes back to you.

I'll take some more screen shots then as things progress, not every turn (so time consuming I just want to crush elmo, lol) but I'll take some snaps of some interesting things.

I really like playing the Allies in this one.

2 hexes from Messina, the Jerries stuck 2 AA units in there, but I have 3 UK recon units so got to bring up the infantry brigades.

Where I am really weak in playing TOAW (or lazy) is the air game, usually I let the AI run it.
I did that in some of my earlier turns through this scenario but I found that they weren't putting out the effort I needed from them so I
started doing some manual attacks too. Spend a round or two pounding enemy airfields or an especially hard spot on the ground.
I found that I needed some yellow ones to tell me that they are being pushed hard enough.
If you need to put warheads on foreheads who you gonna call? An FO...just one will do.
Zovs

Post by Zovs »

Well I finally got Messina on turn 18. Tough nut, the Axis AI threw in forces (perhaps foolishly) that I was able to eliminate). Now to build up for the Toe and Salerno operations. I must say this is a blast.

Here were those turns.

Start of

T16

T17

T18
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Looking good dude.

EDIT: I just happened to notice that I went over 20K posts. Cool.
Zovs

Post by Zovs »

Congrats on 20k posts. I will blame all those wonderful screen shots dude! LOL
Zovs

Post by Zovs »

On turn 20, Italy has surrendered.

On turn 21, Partisan resist and take Naples.

Turn 21-22 lots of air drops, amph landings and general chaos.

Here is some screen shots:

Turn 20

Turn 21

Turn 22

Return to “After Action Reports”