Any one here?

Post here to meet players for MP games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.

Moderator: Vic

RufusTFirefly

RE: Any one here?

Post by RufusTFirefly »

No, we are six players at the moment. Alexandre is interested in case we play version 210 (which is what we want to do). He told in an email today.

So we should look for another setting of nations. Or, as I think five players is the best number, I might step aside and let you start a 5-player game.
hatemf90

Post by hatemf90 »

We can always split France and Britain..
It's hateM not hate, I dont hate any one.
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

6 players sounds great No idea Alexandre wanted to play. If that's OK with hatem since this is his party. I thinks its a good idea to split France and the UK makes the western allies less formidable which is historically accurate.

If this is not enough gaming action another game can be started.

Either way the quicker people pick a side the better.
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

Rander

Post by Rander »

Hello.

I don't care about which side to play. Give me one that nobody wants.

Bye!
Rander.
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Ok Rander you and me will get the pick of the nations that don't get no love
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

RufusTFirefly

Post by RufusTFirefly »

Dont think it is a good idea to split France and Britain. Britain is powerful and might stand for his own. But France is too weak. Wont be a pleasure to play it.However, if anyone likes to take it, feel free.

I will send an eamil to Alexandre. It is best he joins here.

To get this speeding up, he is my list of nations, highest preference first, lowest at last:
Axis
USA
Japan
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Ok we have

Hatem Soviet Union
Rufus T Firefly Axis
Bombur China
Antonio ?
Rander Left over
Ironduke left over

Powers available 1)USA 2)UK/France 3)Japan

Thanks Two Tribes

Bombur

Post by Bombur »

I would like to play China
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

ORIGINAL: ironduke1955

Ok we have

Hatem Soviet Union
Rufus T Firefly Axis
Bombur ?
Antonio ?
Hatem Left over
Ironduke left over

Powers available 1)USA 2)China 3)UK/France 4)Japan

You listed hatem twice.
Favoritism is alive and well here.
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Just waiting for Antonio to pick a Nation and we are good to go. Its E-Mail Antonio does not have Dropbox. Perhaps we can persuade Antonio to get Dropbox its free.

hatemf90

Post by hatemf90 »

Ok so I could setup Drop box or maybe some one else with all the emails should so it would be quicker.

Are we going to play with any house rules? I would just like to make one: each player has 1 day(24 hours) to play his turn with maximum of 5 days to do a full turn (all nations played), if it takes more than that the player holding it back is skipped for a turn and subbed by some one else.

What do you think?
RufusTFirefly

Post by RufusTFirefly »

ORIGINAL: hatemf90

Ok so I could setup Drop box or maybe some one else with all the emails should so it would be quicker.

Are we going to play with any house rules? I would just like to make one: each player has 1 day(24 hours) to play his turn with maximum of 5 days to do a full turn (all nations played), if it takes more than that the player holding it back is skipped for a turn and subbed by some one else.

What do you think?

In case we accept this I am out!

I am working. I have friends. And my wife works in another town, 400 miles away, so we can meet only on weekends. You should have said first that this is a house rule you want here. Then I would not have signed in. Dont start a six player game and expect a full turn to run within five days. Look at the time it takes to get all players choose sides.

By the way, turn cannt be done by someone else without giving him the PW. But I wont do that. Do I know whether coalition will last during whole game? At testgame 4 (version 200L) I had ben allied with Ironduke, that is an alliance between Axis and France/GB. As he is very successful and is going to be the most powerful one in this game, I already told him I would cancel the alliance and attack. If he would know my PW I am sure he would not spy after we have canceled the alliance. But he would have known where my units are, how strong they are ... if he had played a turn for me when we had been allies.

Look for a three- or four-player game with players participation who are all retired, if you cannt wait for a turn to complete. But please tell this when you look for participants, not just at game start.
hatemf90

Post by hatemf90 »

wow, calm down, that was just a suggestion. I havnt played seriously in a year, I dont know whats practical and whats not.

No body is forcing this "rule" OR forcing you to play :) I am just speaking loudly.
ANTONIOr

Post by ANTONIOr »

for me italy if possible :-)))))))

[:D]

btw he s "firefly"[:D]
we were playing at an acceptable pace even without that houserule

I think that the problem about alliances already formed is the primary obstacle to the application of the houserule as presented above
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

OK Antonio sorry Italy is taken its part of the Axis. You should be quicker (: the Choices left are USA Japan or UK/France. Antonio can you download Dropbox its free and you will find it very useful

Thanks Hatem our current game's are moving along quite well, considering time zone and other issues this is a conscientious group and I don't see any problems the only thing to ask for is that if anyone is going absent for some length of time just make it known so a surrogate can be found so the game does not lose momentum.

Ok once Antonio has picked one of the remaining free nations we can go.

ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Hatem just setting up a Dropbox your E-Mail is the only one I don't have the File is GD1938GAME4 tmain98560@aol.com

Oh and by the way I would like to thank Rufus T Firefly for setting me up as the player to watch (: I happen to know that in this game, there are other players to fear. Oh and by the way there are no lies in GD1938 we refer to it as Diplomacy (:

RufusTFirefly

Post by RufusTFirefly »

ORIGINAL: hatemf90

wow, calm down, that was just a suggestion. I havnt played seriously in a year, I dont know whats practical and whats not.

No body is forcing this "rule" OR forcing you to play :) I am just speaking loudly.

Sorry, I was a bit rude. You are right to ask for turns being played without delay whenever possible. Thats necessary in a large group. I had just feeled being pushed before the game even starts. But it was a suggestion. My fault.

Antonio has to choose side. But as Axis starts I cn already play the first turn and save it at dropbox.
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Ok thanks Rufus T

Antonio any problem installing Dropbox there are lots of tech savvy people here its fairly simple so, don't forget to accept the invite to join the group.

If you have any issues with the remaining national choices, then air them now.

RufusTFirefly

Post by RufusTFirefly »

Game started.
Turn for Japan uploaded to dropbox.

Good game and have fun!
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Ok Antonio has come back and has Chosen Japan, so I will pick USA. Antonio the Japanese turn is in Dropbox if you can complete the turn and pass on to the USSR. Rander has UK/France.

Sides

Axis Germany/Italy Rufus T firefly
Japan Antonio
USSR Hatem
UK/France Rander
Ironduke USA
China Bombur

Return to “Opponents Wanted”