Look what I got in the mail today :)

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin, IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian

CaptCarnage

Look what I got in the mail today :)

Post by CaptCarnage »

Golden oldie :)

Attachments
PicsArt_13..901261.jpg
PicsArt_13..901261.jpg (464.08 KiB) Viewed 77 times
"One must always distrust the report of troop commanders: 'We have no fuel' [...] You see, if they become tired they suddenly lack fuel" - Heinz Guderian, Panzer Leader
z1812

RE: Look what I got in the mail today :)

Post by z1812 »

That brings back memories.
schaefsky

Post by schaefsky »

AH yes, never got around to actualy finishing that one, was a bit too dry for my taste. (I think I have the 2nd edition.)
But this book pops up everywhere I look, I think it is a sign that I should give it another try!
british exil

Post by british exil »

Skyhigh looks like you couldn't wait till you got home to take the photo. I bet you sat in your car, took the pic and read the first couple of pages too.

Mat
"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS
TigerTC

Post by TigerTC »

I reread that a couple years ago and was very disappointed. It is not nearly as good as I remember from the first few times I read it.
CaptCarnage

Post by CaptCarnage »

ORIGINAL: british exil

Skyhigh looks like you couldn't wait till you got home to take the photo. I bet you sat in your car, took the pic and read the first couple of pages too.

Mat

Good lord! Are you from NSA? Is there a drone over my head watching my moves? How did you know?! ;)

In the meanwhile, Red Army has also arrived.
Happy weekend!
"One must always distrust the report of troop commanders: 'We have no fuel' [...] You see, if they become tired they suddenly lack fuel" - Heinz Guderian, Panzer Leader
FroBodine

Post by FroBodine »

ORIGINAL: BROJD

I reread that a couple years ago and was very disappointed. It is not nearly as good as I remember from the first few times I read it.

Way to spoil Skyhigh's excitement!! :o)
CaptCarnage

Post by CaptCarnage »

It seemed to be awesome enough to read it a few times ;)
fvianello

Post by fvianello »

I think I've read it like.....15 times since 1980 :)
H. Barca,
Surplus Consuls Dispatcher
Plodder

Post by Plodder »

If you can, get hold of the sequel Third World War: The Untold Story. It tells the story of the war from the Soviet side and other theatres not covered in the first book.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."
british exil

Post by british exil »

Ordered both books today, I wonder what they will be like. I hope you haven't promised too much and I will be dissapointed.

Mat
"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”