Specefics questions on option

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Skanvak

Specefics questions on option

Post by Skanvak »

Does someone knows what are the option H.Rowland think is game should be used? Do we have an official position on option? (I know about the other thread discussion, that why my question is not about your opinion)

Can some one tell me the difference between the old oil rules (MWiF) and the new oil rules (KiF)?

Best regards

Skanvak
paulderynck

RE: Specefics questions on option

Post by paulderynck »

The KiF oil rule is included when you purchase the KiF kit. Not to go into a lot of detail, but you pay as you go, a certain oil cost from oil you've saved, and varying by: the major power and the action type chosen for the impulse. There's also an option to spend less oil by counting a tenth per oil dependent unit that does something up to where you hit the impulse cost. It costs no oil to do anything if you are the non-phasing player.

The biggest push for the KiF rule was the counting of flipped oil dependent units in WiF - which is completely unnecessary in MWiF. With the computer doing the counting, personally, my preference is the old rule.
Paul
Skanvak

RE: Specefics questions on option

Post by Skanvak »

Thank you very much for this clarification. I felt the same but I have not red the new rules so I was unsure.

Best regards

Skanvak

Return to “World in Flames”