0.7.14 notes

This forum supports the Early Access Program for the PC for Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager (SPM). iOS, Android and Mac releases are still in development. SPM is the ultimate game of space exploration. It is the mid 1950s and the race for dominance between the US and the Soviet Union is about to move into a new dimension: space. Take charge of the US or Soviet space agencies - your duty is be the first to the moon. Carefully manage your budget by opening programs, spending R&D funds on improving the hardware, recruiting personnel and astronauts and launching space missions in this realistic turn based strategy game.

Moderator: MOD_BuzzAldrin

stilicho410

0.7.14 notes

Post by stilicho410 »

Gameplay
Historically, it was a high priority for astronauts to gain space experience. Any astronaut that survives a mission should get a skill
increase in a random area. The increase could be calculated the same as one round of Advanced Training, so the increase would be smaller
if they already had > 90% in the selected area.

A similar increase could take place for controllers after any mission, although for play balance it perhaps it should not be a sure thing.
Perhaps 50% chance of a skill increase after a mission, since controllers train twice as fast as astronauts.

Since SET's are usually researching every single season, perhaps just a 10% chance of skill increase for any season in which they research.

Interface
When selecting astronauts for a mission, display icons for all skills used for each position. There looks to be room in those boxes for
all of them. I expect "Leadership", "Piloting", and "Fitness" would appear all the time, but it would be useful to see which positions
for a given mission configuration require "EVA" and "Science" skills.

In the confirmation dialogue for the "Do you want to close this program", it should repeat the program name.
Thanks,
Stilicho
stilicho410

RE: 0.7.14 notes

Post by stilicho410 »

This may have been mentioned before, it would be nice to for the R&D screen to have a button that sorted the 4 SET slots with the highest skills first, since that improves R&D results.

As it is is, I'm constantly manually sorting the SETs for a given component whenever a highly skilled SET becomes available after another component reached max R&D reliability.
Thanks,
Stilicho
nats

RE: 0.7.14 notes

Post by nats »

ORIGINAL: stilicho410
As it is is, I'm constantly manually sorting the SETs for a given component whenever a highly skilled SET becomes available after another component reached max R&D reliability.

I didnt even know it made a difference what order they were in.
"Its life Jim, but not as we know it"

Return to “Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager”