Installation Error - Invalid REGKEY

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

outatime80

Installation Error - Invalid REGKEY

Post by outatime80 »

Hi everyone,

I recently went to re-install Distant World after replacing a hard drive. When I went to install I received an error at the end that stated: Invalid RegKey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432\Matrix Games\Distant Worlds.

I've tried uninstalling, and clearing the registry, restart, and reinstall twice and still no luck. Any ideas?

Additional info attached. Thanks in advance!
Attachments
DxDiag.txt
(57.52 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
Bingeling

RE: Installation Error - Invalid REGKEY

Post by Bingeling »

Not apart from maybe trying a registry cleaner, or manually deleting every key in that Distant Worlds part of the registry.

Did you install windows from scratch? Over an old install?
Hrdina

RE: Installation Error - Invalid REGKEY

Post by Hrdina »

I just saw a similar error.

I just bought a new computer (with windows 8.1), and had previously installed DW (up to Shadows) on my old machine with XP. I did not see this issue with XP. I used the same install files on the new machine as the old.

After I saw the REGKEY error, I continued and installed Shakturi, Legends, and Shadows. After that, the game seems to run fine, except:

1. It was version 1.9.0.6 instead of 1.9.0.13. I am almost certain that I did not have to patch my old install to get 1.9.0.13, and I am sure that was the version as my old saved games say so.

2. The start screen seems different (I would have to go back to my old PC to get the details). Also, I always have to go through the autorun executable, but on XP I had a shortcut directly to the game (Quick Start). I'm not sure what happened with that. Maybe windows 8.1 simply doesn't like it?

After I patched up to 1.9.0.13, my old saves loaded OK and the game runs great, so no problems there. [:D]

Return to “Tech Support”