Snow and Mtn Units & Dirty NET Play Fix for Navy displaced units

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

kjgokc2007

Snow and Mtn Units & Dirty NET Play Fix for Navy displaced units

Post by kjgokc2007 »

As I understand it MTN units do not suffer the -2 column shift in snow and only -1 in blizzard.

However the German Mtn unit attacking with 1 Inf unit in snow received a -1 column shift in combat.

Not sure if this affect any of the other units that do not have the snow weather penalty but if Russian white prints do then the game is unplayable for sure. (Russia counts on this to hold off Germany)

Thanks

Kenny.

P.S. We had the same issue with NET play and overrun/port attacked ship not being rebased correctly. The country attacking shows navel units still in the ports that were attacked. (Probably extends to over run units as well)

We found a dirty fix for it... Copy any auto save Game from the side that shows the units rebased correctly (the non-phasing side) and email it to your buddy and restore the game from that point.

Example:
C:\Matrix Games\World in Flames\Scenarios\Global War\Saved Games\AutoSave\Axis\Land Movement.GAM

[:-]
paulderynck

RE: Snow and Mtn Units & Dirty NET Play Fix for Navy displaced units

Post by paulderynck »

Can you post a saved game for this, please?
Paul
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: kjgokc

As I understand it MTN units do not suffer the -2 column shift in snow and only -1 in blizzard.

However the German Mtn unit attacking with 1 Inf unit in snow received a -1 column shift in combat.

Not sure if this affect any of the other units that do not have the snow weather penalty but if Russian white prints do then the game is unplayable for sure. (Russia counts on this to hold off Germany)

Thanks

Kenny.

P.S. We had the same issue with NET play and overrun/port attacked ship not being rebased correctly. The country attacking shows navel units still in the ports that were attacked. (Probably extends to over run units as well)

We found a dirty fix for it... Copy any auto save Game from the side that shows the units rebased correctly (the non-phasing side) and email it to your buddy and restore the game from that point.

Example:
C:\Matrix Games\World in Flames\Scenarios\Global War\Saved Games\AutoSave\Axis\Land Movement.GAM

[:-]
You reference a saved game (GAM), but it needs to be uploaded (use the Click here it upload!) label at the bottom of reply (NOT a Quick Reply). You will need to zip the file first, otherwise the forum server will not let it be uploaded.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
kjgokc2007

Post by kjgokc2007 »

Any .GAM file should work as long as you get it from the player with the ships at the right location.

the file is to large to load even zipped.

Example:

Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

Any .GAM file should work as long as you get it from the player with the ships at the right location.

Example:

Setting up test cases for the code isn't easy. There are too many things that might cause a problem and oftentimes the games I investigate don't have things "just so", which means the game runs cleanly for me.

Can you email them to: MadExcept@MatrixGames.com ? On occasion players have had to send multiple files in separate emails because the files are large and the email providers disapprove of their aggregate size.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
kjgokc2007

Post by kjgokc2007 »

I sent the saved game that worked to the email ... this was the copy from my brother (allied with the ships correct)

I will also send the AXIS (with the miss placed ships)

paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

Example:

Once zipped, all the other game files posted here have been about 1.6 MB.
Paul

Return to “Tech Support”