Can't bombard or do Air strike!!

Time of Fury spans the whole war in Europe and gives players the opportunity to control all types of units, ground, air and naval. Not only that, each player will be able to pick a single country or selection of countries and fight his way against either the AI or in multiplayer in hotseat or Play by E-Mail. This innovative multiplayer feature will give player the chance to fight bigger scenarios against many opponents, giving the game a strategic angle that has no equal in the market. The game uses Slitherine’s revolutionary PBEM++ server system.

Moderator: doomtrader

Estharos

Can't bombard or do Air strike!!

Post by Estharos »

I disembark some units on France soil with the USA,at first I was able to support them with Bombardment and Air Strike, but at some point both my fleet don't have the function any more, regardless, that they have hostile 2 hex's away. I try to pull them back to English port to see if they will resupply or something but nothing happen, I also try to repair them, specially the CV since every time you lose's planes it's reduce your health also. Anyone know what to do so I can do Bombardment and Air Strike again?

Cheers,
Rasputitsa

RE: Can't bombard or do Air strike!!

Post by Rasputitsa »

ORIGINAL: Estharos
I disembark some units on France soil with the USA,at first I was able to support them with Bombardment and Air Strike, but at some point both my fleet don't have the function any more, regardless, that they have hostile 2 hex's away. I try to pull them back to English port to see if they will resupply or something but nothing happen, I also try to repair them, specially the CV since every time you lose's planes it's reduce your health also. Anyone know what to do so I can do Bombardment and Air Strike again?
Cheers,

You can only bombard coastal hexes, is the 2 hexes away still on the coast, is it adjacent to the sea zone the ships are in, air attacks can be stopped by interception, does the combat report say anything about the air attack failed because of interception, a screen shot would help.
"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon
Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

Another point about bombardment by ships, when you select a fleet and decide to bombard, only the highlighted ships/groups will bombard. When you open a fleet list, only the group at the top of the list is highlighted initially, if you want the other groups in the list to bombard, they have to be highlighted also, normal windows conventions apply in these lists and you can highlight all groups simultaneously with shift/click.

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

Estharos

Post by Estharos »

ORIGINAL: Rasputitsa

Cheers,

You can only bombard coastal hexes, is the 2 hexes away still on the coast, is it adjacent to the sea zone the ships are in, air attacks can be stopped by interception, does the combat report say anything about the air attack failed because of interception, a screen shot would help.

No, I don't even have the function to do Bombardment or air strike, the icon is dark and not highlighted, for bombardment I got 3 targets on shore that I can hit but still Bombardment icon don't light up so I can't do the Bombardment, also the CV's, I was able to do air strike far away from shore hitting hostile plane hidden further inside enemy territory, now I can't any more. Do I have to resupply in shells and planes?

Cheers,
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

1) you can only ship bombard a target once in a turn;

2) if you have multiple fleets that can bombard, after you do one bombardment, the other fleets cannot bombard;

As for airstrikes, the only limiting factors as far as I know are range and action points, and enemy interdiction.

If none of the above applies, then perhaps you can make a screenshot to let us see.

Estharos

Post by Estharos »

ORIGINAL: gwgardner

1) you can only ship bombard a target once in a turn;

2) if you have multiple fleets that can bombard, after you do one bombardment, the other fleets cannot bombard;

As for airstrikes, the only limiting factors as far as I know are range and action points, and enemy interdiction.

If none of the above applies, then perhaps you can make a screenshot to let us see.

What you mean by action points?
Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

ORIGINAL: Rasputitsa
Cheers,

No, I don't even have the function to do Bombardment or air strike, the icon is dark and not highlighted, for bombardment I got 3 targets on shore that I can hit but still Bombardment icon don't light up so I can't do the Bombardment, also the CV's, I was able to do air strike far away from shore hitting hostile plane hidden further inside enemy territory, now I can't any more. Do I have to resupply in shells and planes?
Cheers,

Understand that you cannot bombard, because the bombard icon is not highlighted, it doesn't highlight unless you have an eligible fleet/group that can make the attack, which is why a screen shot would help, to see if there is a reason you might not have an eligible unit.

Also, note that F10 brings up an overlay on the map, showing air superiority, if the area is red, or yellow, your air attacks may be intercepted and fail to get through. If a carrier unit takes enough damage, it may not be able to fly air attacks, so there may be reasons why units are failing to attack, but without seeing a screen it's all just guessing.

gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

What you mean by action points?

Sorry, I meant land-based unit action points. Like a fighter has 3 action points. a tac bomber 2.

A carrier based air group only has one strike per turn.

Estharos

Post by Estharos »

Well, got sick of it and decide to restart the game, this start will be better(I hope [:D]), I already delete the save file so can't do the pic of it, if it those it again I will reply on this post.

Cheers,

Return to “Time of Fury”