COH...Really loving this game...but nervous about getting SoS.

This exciting new release is a faithful adaptation of the renowned Conflict of Heroes board game that won the Origins Historical Game of the Year, Charles Roberts Wargame of the Year and the James F. Dunnigan Design Elegance Award, as well as many others!

Designed and developed in cooperation with Uwe Eickert, the original designer of Conflict of Heroes, and Western Civlization Software, the award-winning computer wargame studio, no effort has been spared to bring the outstanding Conflict of Heroes gameplay to the computer. Conflict of Heroes includes an AI opponent as well as full multiplayer support with an integrated forum and game lobby. To remain true to the core gameplay of the board game, the PC version is designed to be fun, fast and easy to play, though hard to master. The game design is also historically accurate and teaches and rewards platoon and company-level combined arms tactics without overwhelming the player with rules.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

jack54

COH...Really loving this game...but nervous about getting SoS.

Post by jack54 »

Hi all, I can't tell you how much I enjoy this game(COH)...when it's going good it's like a living, breathing board game. So far I have 2 scenarios that crash every time; I hope there's no more. So the question is to 'Storm of Steel' or not to 'Storm of Steel'... I know I'll love it if it works.

Thanks!

Edit: Windows 8.1 GTX650 1Gb. 16 GB Ram

Avatar: Me borrowing Albert Ball's Nieuport 17

Counter from Bloody April by Terry Simo (GMT)
Ratzki

RE: COH...Really loving this game...but nervous about getting SoS.

Post by Ratzki »

Join the team, I am waiting to see what solutions there are to the seemingly numerous issues with SoS. I want to jump in and buy but a little concerned as well.
Talon_XBMCX

Post by Talon_XBMCX »

You may want to try the hot fix found here tm.asp?m=3478950 This fixed my crashing issues.

I got it from this thread: tm.asp?m=3478950
jack54

Post by jack54 »

Thanks Panman... but unfortunately I'm patched to 1.36 which includes the quick fix. (Nutcracker always crashes after deployment and Western Approach at the end game before final score screen.)
Avatar: Me borrowing Albert Ball's Nieuport 17

Counter from Bloody April by Terry Simo (GMT)
Talon_XBMCX

Post by Talon_XBMCX »

That's a bummer. Nutcracker runs just fine for me. Don't think I've tried Western Approach yet. Nervous about SoS myself so I understand your apprehension.

Guess that leave more time Red Storm though ;-)

Return to “Conflict of Heroes Series”