Weapons not observed to be used

Post bug reports and request support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

PMCN

Weapons not observed to be used

Post by PMCN »

My friend and I were playing the Germans against the Soviet AI over Christmas using the latest official release patch of the game and based on watching several dozen combats at setting 5 the following weapons that should have been firing were not observed to fire in combat.

1. German flamethrowers
2. German Handgernades
3. German Sachel Charges
4. Finnish Molotov Cocktails
5. Russian Handgernades
6. Russian Sachel Charges
7. Russian Molotov Cocktails

I'm not sure what Slovak, Italian, Rommanian or Hungarian engineers are equiped with but I have not seen any sort of fire with flamethrowers, sachel charges, or handgernades from those troops at all. I should note that Rifle gernades are used regularily by both the Germans and the Soviet Calvary units that have them.

Russian 7.65mm SMGs fire in the mid-range combat fire, which is decidedly odd. You see far more of the SMG fire than you do from the rifles which is rather difficult to understand.

AC on both sides seem to be preferntial targets for heavy artillery either in indirect or direct fire mode.

Russian flamethrowers show up with good regularity, I've never ever seen a German (or Axis) flamethrower be used.

I'm not convinced the targetting priority of ATG's against AFVs is set high enough as a lot of times they still fire on other targets. But this is harder to see clearly without careful record keeping.

There is also a rather disturbing amount of AFVs being only damaged even from hits that significantly exceed their armour value in penetration value. Also the effectiveness of AT Rifles seems far higher than what I was ever led to believe was their actual effectiveness (basically breaking tracks).

I believe due to the changes in the morale rules the Russian units in early 41 were putting up stiffer fights than I had observed in previous patches. I was seeing a lot more mid-range fire by the Russian units involving SMGs and their heavy machine guns mainly, but with a smattering of rifle fire. This led to somewhat higher losses by attacking German units, but nothing to out of this world. We still inflicted losses at a rate of 10 Russians for every German.
morvael

RE: Weapons not observed to be used

Post by morvael »

Beta patch .12/.13 fixes those weapons, previously they were not firing or not penetrating at all. Now they may be too good (as minimum weapon range required by the engine is 50m, whereas most of the thrown/placed weapons were used at shorter range).
PMCN

Post by PMCN »

While I am at it I noticed another problem. In our game is in August 41 and I was making fortified zones for my finnish units. They got a single rifle squad when formed, but that rifle squad is a 44 era rifle squad with panzerfaust. This blocks them getting additional troops. I presume at some point it might get swapped out but I can't figure out why it is showing up in the first place.
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

Data bug that has been fixed in .10 or .11
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)

Return to “Tech Support”