Nobody left behind

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

spence

Nobody left behind

Post by spence »

I have a Brigadier General presently commanding a single bulldozer. The rest of his brigade has moved on but he adamantly refuses to leave anyone behind apparently. It seems rather silly that that single bulldozer can't be incorporated into just any old unit of the same nationality that happens to be in the same place(I can see that such an ability could be abused if the rule was too loose though).

This particular bulldozer is in a somewhat unusual situation; relatively safe from being destroyed, but unable to move except by sea which is, unfortunately, completely dominated by the IJN.

I find this situation particularly annoying because the bulldozer seems to constitute the actual brigade. The "fragment" (elsewhere) comprises nearly the entire full strength brigade however. It is my understanding that the "fragment" will not take any replacements and thus constitutes something of a liability.

Anybody know a way to switch the identities of the "brigade" and the "fragment" or get rid of the fragment?
btd64

RE: Nobody left behind

Post by btd64 »

As far as I know they have to be in the same hex(location). Or check to see if the fragment can be disbanded. Good luck.
Cheers. GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: spence

I have a Brigadier General presently commanding a single bulldozer. The rest of his brigade has moved on but he adamantly refuses to leave anyone behind apparently. It seems rather silly that that single bulldozer can't be incorporated into just any old unit of the same nationality that happens to be in the same place(I can see that such an ability could be abused if the rule was too loose though).

This particular bulldozer is in a somewhat unusual situation; relatively safe from being destroyed, but unable to move except by sea which is, unfortunately, completely dominated by the IJN.

I find this situation particularly annoying because the bulldozer seems to constitute the actual brigade. The "fragment" (elsewhere) comprises nearly the entire full strength brigade however. It is my understanding that the "fragment" will not take any replacements and thus constitutes something of a liability.

Anybody know a way to switch the identities of the "brigade" and the "fragment" or get rid of the fragment?
easy... fire him! now, seriously, what about withdrawing the fragment and is this BG a good one or just a pen-pusher? If the latter, just re-assign some other bloke, no?

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
Barb

Post by Barb »

- Shouldn't the parent be switched to the part that has more support automatically?

However, if you have Brigadier Generals commanding a single buldozer, your situation is probably not that bad. Or maybe it is some form of punishment by higher CO ... ? [:D]
Grollub

Post by Grollub »

ORIGINAL: spence

I have a Brigadier General presently commanding a single bulldozer.

I thought for a moment I had clicked wrong and ended up in the sprior/CAP Mandrake AAR [:D]
“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"
spence

Post by spence »

Shouldn't the parent be switched to the part that has more support automatically?

That is what I thought but apparently that is not so. A Major commands the 108 infantry squads, assorted mortars, and support troops, etc while my Brigadier stands erect leading his single bulldozer to glory. (??)[8|](??)

jeesum, how'd I do that with the quotes?
sanch

Post by sanch »

You could always do the time-honored tradition of a banzai charge and pray the bulldozer gets destroyed. If so, then the fragment should (I think!) flip to being the main unit.

Edit - might not work if the bulldozer doesn't have any assault value (but the general, if driving this thing, should at least have his sidearms). If not, then you might not be able to attack.
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

How did the Brigadier and the Major become separated?  Depending on how the fragment came into existence there is a one turn delay (of doing nothing) before the fragment becomes the parent.

Alfred
sanch

Post by sanch »

Another option if the banzai charge is out would be to park the bulldozer on a road/rail that is crucial for IJ's supply. That should attract his attention.

Just hope that there's at least some supply, as it might take your general a while to push the bulldozer 46 miles or more if it's out of gas.
Encircled

Post by Encircled »

No point trying a suicide attack.

I've something similar in my PBEM, but my 3 x 25 pounder guns automatically withdrew, leaving me with a 3 hex walk through Jungle to get to a port (miles away from my troops) to try and load it and get it out of there.

Its the last fragment for a division as well, which is incredibly annoying.
Dobey455

Post by Dobey455 »

Nearest major base and disband?

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”