PATCH 1.05b Problem and note to developer

Time of Fury spans the whole war in Europe and gives players the opportunity to control all types of units, ground, air and naval. Not only that, each player will be able to pick a single country or selection of countries and fight his way against either the AI or in multiplayer in hotseat or Play by E-Mail. This innovative multiplayer feature will give player the chance to fight bigger scenarios against many opponents, giving the game a strategic angle that has no equal in the market. The game uses Slitherine’s revolutionary PBEM++ server system.

Moderator: doomtrader

firefly101

PATCH 1.05b Problem and note to developer

Post by firefly101 »

Hello,

I wanted to let the Dev team and others know that the 1.05b patch has a serious bug related problem that "MAY" effect your game to become unplayable.

I use winXP Pro and was playing fine on 1.04 patch, when I updated to 1.05b I had CTD issues with Naval Battles, it didn't matter if they were autocalc or not.

This happened in ANY Campaign during the AI turn right after the Supply calculating when Surprise Ship attacks take place before its the players turn.

After trying many things including removing ship battles which helped. I decided on a test with the old patch. so I too the old patch placed in a clean copy of the game and loaded the Saved game that was CTD. It went through without issue, when I added the 1.05 patch it came back.

I think this error is not a text file issue but in the .exe, so it's not something we can fix. My understanding this patch is really only needed for Win8 users so I would suggest everyone staying away from this patch. This may be OS related or not, but the 1.04b patch seems to be very stable, while the same cannot be said for the 1.05b patch.

I hope this information helps the Dev team and anyone else getting crashes that can be fixed by using the older 1.04b patch instead of the newer 1.05b patch.

Sincerely,

Firefly
doomtrader

RE: PATCH 1.05b Problem and note to developer

Post by doomtrader »

We are going to take a look at the stability issues for Time of Fury since next week.
firefly101

RE: PATCH 1.05b Problem and note to developer

Post by firefly101 »

That would be nice, its a very fun game. Like I said I was able to pin point what action was causing these CTD's in my game. It may also be related to sub attacks that are surprise attacks.

Thanks

Return to “Time of Fury”