Monster size

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

Shupov

RE: Monster size

Post by Shupov »

Joel - your post inspired me to go down to my basement and find my SPI War in the East game! I didn't have anyone to play with so it stayed untouched all these years. It's still in new condition with unpunched counters. Thanks to personal computers and 2x3 I was finally able to enjoy my east front obsession!

Attachments
2014012523.00.31.jpg
2014012523.00.31.jpg (201.64 KiB) Viewed 25 times
STALINADE

The real RED soda!
Farfarer61

Post by Farfarer61 »

Started with WITE, then on to FITE/SE, which stayed set up for years in the basement. Before that "Wellingtons Victory" was set up in the parents basement then in my small dorm room in University for four years.
Only went to ORIGINS once, 1985, but played Diplomacy all weekend.
Shupov

Post by Shupov »

Played AH Stalingrad with my older brother, which led to SPI Strategy and Tactics games like S&T WitE. Jim Dunnigan created AH Panzerblitz then jumped over to co-found SPI. The latter was a tactical level game, but more than made up for that with rules complexity. AH's Blitzkrieg was their generic "monster" game (or maybe only "giant" compared to WitE).

I somehow managed to hang on to them all for 40+ years. Lately I've been going to estate sales looking for collectibles and the like. But my real takeaway has been that I don't want hordes of folks picking through my game and magazine collection when I'm gone. So now it's eBay time!
STALINADE

The real RED soda!

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”