Need help with editor

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

claystone_MatrixForum

Need help with editor

Post by claystone_MatrixForum »

Trying to edit the game but having some trouble. Right now i'm doing trial and error. I was able to convert Hong Kong into Japan's control, but the units are still under commonwealth. How do i go about removing all troops and units from commonweath and replace it with Japan's units?

I thought that once i placed the area under japan control or units in that tile also become japan control. It seems that is not the case.

Thanks
Banzan

RE: Need help with editor

Post by Banzan »

Some things come to mind.

First, you can't change original scenarios. You can open them in the editor, but you need to save them in a different slot to take changes into effect.

Second, a base got an owner, a command and units. Changing owner also needs to change command (not sure if this is important).

Third, units needs to be moved or changed. I have no idea if you can just change british troops to japans command, but replacments may be "difficult". :)
claystone_MatrixForum

Yes, i have saved it to my own save. Also it seems like i have to find out what is each unit that is stored in Hong Kong and change each one one at a time or relocate each unit out of Hong Kong fom editor. I just figured it out now...:)

I was hoping with one quick swipe of the wand i can have it all changed out. So for me to put all of China in Japan's control i will need to change every troop as well as bases.

Thanks for the help anyway.
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

claystone do not forget too that you have to change the name of each soldier, sailor and airman individually as well as their battalion, regiment, division, corps and army.
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
claystone_MatrixForum

Actually I take that back. It didn't work. I was able to relocate the troops from hong kong to a different area. It was deleted on the editor but when i went into game, the commonweath troops was still in Hong Kong. I'm at a lost with this one.
claystone_MatrixForum

ORIGINAL: warspite1

claystone do not forget too that you have to change the name of each soldier, sailor and airman individually as well as their battalion, regiment, division, corps and army.

What i did was write down all the ships and planes in hong kong. Went to the ships/plane tab in the editor and located that certain ship/plane. Once i found that ship or plane i change its home base from Hong Kong to pearl harbor. I did this with every plane and ship units. Now in the editor under the Hong Kong base all planes and Ships where gone. So i went back into the game itself but in the game they were still there?!?!?!? I know i'm missing something.

claystone_MatrixForum

I can't just relocate them out of "Hong Kong" by changing their "Base"?
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: claystone

I can't just relocate them out of "Hong Kong" by changing their "Base"?
warspite1

Sorry - I may have just been pulling your leg there [;)]
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
claystone_MatrixForum

Also how do you edit the INF into a "Home Base"? Two things that is happening. The editor, for me that is, doesn't allow you you to transfer a INF unit to a certain home base. Also, i can't find how to edit INF troops from a home base as well.

Using "Ubon" as an example. I went into the "Location" tab. In there i looked up Ubon which is hex 452. It has no planes nor ships, just (1) LCU Div which is 3rd RTA Div that is listed for it. Now on this page there is no way for me to delete those troops, nor relocate them, so i head over to the "Device" tab and go into that section. There i look up 3rd RTA Div but I can find it. I use the code next to the LCU's name to find it faster but no luck. So now i'm stuck with an enemy LCU on a base that i change over fom IJ to the Brits.

I can use someones help who works with the editor to do their mods. All I'm trying to do is change control of territories from one country to the other and of course the units that is based on that hex as well. I was able to change the base with no problem, its the units that im having an issue with.
Iron Duke

Post by Iron Duke »

Hi

Lcu's come under the Location tab -- open this type in unit name or slot number and you will go to that Lcu , you can the change anything you need to regarding that unit

HQ's in locations slots 001 - 215
bases/cities in locations slots 216 - approx 1999
oob's in locations slots 2038 - 2899
lcu units in locations slots 3006 - 7949

spend some time opening and looking through all the tabs to get an understanding of what is available to change and where - it will make modding a little easier

"Bombers outpacing fighters - you've got to bloody well laugh!" Australian Buffalo pilot - Singapore
Banzan

Post by Banzan »

If you look at Hong Kong in the editor (loc 810), you can see the units there in the lower right. The numbers you see are the unit ids in the editor also under location.

I just tried changing it by setting the "Natinality" to IJ Army and changed HQ to a japanese HQ. Saved it in slot 130 and Hong Kong was japanese when i loaded scenario 130.
JuanG

Post by JuanG »

Illustrations are good. Thought I would make some incase it helps.

I've split this into 5 parts - the base, the Allied LCUs (Land Combat Units), the Japanese LCUs, the airgroups and the ships.

Part 1 - The Base

A - Use the wide bar here to find the base by entering all or part of its name. The box to the right ('6') shows the number of items found with the search term, the '>>' button is used to cycle through them. In this case you want #810, which is the actual base for Hong Kong, shown by the Type = '01 - Port' (just above the B marker).

B - This selects who controls the base. If you want to change it to Japanese control, select '01 - IJ Army' or '02 - IJ Navy'.

C - This controls the HQ that this base is assigned to. If you change it to Japanese control, you should change the HQ accordingly. I would recommend '004 - Southern Army' or '007 - China Expeditionary Army'.

D - These tabs are used to control the list below them. This list shows the LCUs, Air Groups and Ships located at or arriving at the base for both sides.
For LCU, it lists the units ID#, name and delay (used to control when it shows up).
For Airgroups, it lists the units ID#, name, aircraft type and numbers (ready/damaged/max), and delay.
For Ships, it lists the ships ID#, name, class, tonnage and delay.

We will want to move or disable all of the allied units, along with making possible changes to the Japanese ones. To do so, work though each of the tabs, visiting each unit ID and making changes as described below. The first 3 LCU's are Japanese, but we will start with the Allied ones (#6631 onwards) and come back to these later.

Part 2 - Allied LCUs

A - The narrow bar is used to look up units/ships by ID#. Here I have entered the number for the second Allied LCU, the 1st Middlesex (Bn).

B - This controls the units location. Choosing a location from here will alter the 'X' and 'Y' fields (below the C marker), indicating the hex it is located in. Alternatively you can enter hex coordinates directly, for non-base locations.

C - This controls if the unit is on the map, due to arrive, or disabled. It is in the format YYMMDD.
There are the values it can have;
'0' means it is on the map whenever the game starts
9999 means it is disable/removed and will not appear.
A non-zero, non-9999 date means it arrives on that day (or starts on the map if the game starts after the date - quite a few units 'arrive' on the 6th December 1941, 1 day before the game starts).

We need to either move or disable this unit, as we dont want an Allied LCU in Japanese Hong Kong.

To move it, change B to another base still in Allied control, such as '722 - Singapore'.
To disable it, set C to 9999.

Repeat this for all the allied LCUs in the Hong Kong base list.

Part 3 - Japanese LCUs

A - Same deal as before, use this to find units. Right now I've got the second Japanese LCU selected, the Hong Kong Det(atchment).

B - Like with Allied LCU's, this controls if the units is on the map, arriving, or disabled. It is currently set to 420101, meaning the unit will arrive on 1st January 1942.

Since the base is starting in Japanese control, we can change this to 0 so the unit is there at the start of the scenario.

The first Japanese LCU, the Hong Kong Def(ence) Force, is on the map at the start, but in Canton. We can also move it to Hong Kong by changing the Near field (B in the Allied LCU section) to '810 - Hong Kong'.

The third Japanese LCU is due to arrive much later and should probably be left alone.

Part 4 - Airgroups

A - Same deal, use it to find the airgroups listed in the base's airgroup list. Here I have HK Flight FAA selected.

B - This controls where the unit is located. Unlike LCUs, airgroups have to be at 'base' locations (ie they can't be in an empty hex in the middle of nowhere).

C - Delay here works like for LCUs. It is currently set to 411206, meaning it arrived on the 6th December 1941, meaning it is on the map when the game starts.

Like with the LCU's, we can either move (change B) or disable this unit (set C to 9999) - this is done the same way as for an LCU. If you do move it, I suggest changing the name (since the 'HK' in it is for Hong Kong).

Repeat this for all the airgroups in the Hong Kong base list.

Part 5 - Ships

A - Same deal as before, unit it to find ships from the base's list. Here I have the xAKL Chengtu selected.

B - This controls where the ship is located. The two buttons control the type of location. Ships can either be located at 'bases' (much like aircraft, though they do need to be coastal bases), or in Task Forces which can be in non-base locations (ie they start at sea). As setting up task forces is a little more involved, just leave it at 'Base'.

C - Same deal as before, Like the airgroup, this unit is already on the map as the date is before the start of the scenario.

Again, you can either move the ships (change B) or disable them (set C to 9999).

Repeat this for all the ships in the Hong Kong base list. Note that the last two only arrive in March 1942, indicating they are under construction at this location.

---------------------------------------

That should be all - after this you should have a Japanese Hong Kong, with Japanese LCUs at the base, and the former allied LCUs, ships and airgroups moved someplace else or disabled entirely. Banzai!

---------------------------------------

As for changing all of China to Japanese control - this is a lot harder to do, and very tedious if you use the editor. For this I would use witploadae to extract the scenario files you are working on to .csv format, open them in excel, and use filters and replacement to do it as painlessly as I could, and then repackage them. Still a lot of work.
claystone_MatrixForum

JuanG, you are the man!

Thank you for the help.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”