Just an idea for the Developers

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

claystone_MatrixForum

Just an idea for the Developers

Post by claystone_MatrixForum »

It was a thought that the dev might be able to do. Here is the idea:

Instead of having buildings that we plop down, have the map have cities and towns. So when we click on the town or city from the map a window opens up showing the building and enemy "SAM" with a photo and info on the items. The player from that window can select the item they like to bomb. Now when our planes fire on the city/town the side window will display the buildings being damage.

The way it is now, it feels like things are just floating around and not really part of the game. It feels a little cheap. I'm giving my ideas because i really like this game and i feel it has a great foundation to build upon. I just feel it lacks in units on maps.

Just trying to help improve on a game i like and will support.
Blu3wolf

RE: Just an idea for the Developers

Post by Blu3wolf »

well, you can already accomplish this... Im looking forward to your first version then! all you need to do is save every building in the world to an export file.
To go up, pull back on the stick.
To go down, pull back harder...

Speed is life. Altitude is life insurance.
claystone_MatrixForum

ORIGINAL: Blu3wolf

well, you can already accomplish this... Im looking forward to your first version then! all you need to do is save every building in the world to an export file.

You can just have very small database of generic buildings that can be used for every country.
Blu3wolf

Post by Blu3wolf »

uhm well. Thats what we have, already...

claystone_MatrixForum

ORIGINAL: Blu3wolf

uhm well. Thats what we have, already...

You're misunderstanding me. Right now the game has these "net like" buildings that sit on the map. I was saying remove the building features off the map. instead have it that when you click on a area you are doing your scenario for, have another window open to the right side of the map, just like whats happening now when you click on a plane and the info pops up. On that pop up window would have the buildings or units of that desinated town/city. On the actual game map would just be a 2d image of the city/town only that you would have your planes attack. There is no need to draw out the buildings on the map. The Dev can take areas off of google map and plot down 2d cities.

Now this is all talk and just an idea.
Blu3wolf

Post by Blu3wolf »

I dont understand what you mean by 'net like' buildings...

In any event, why would removing visible targets be an improvement?

CaptCarnage

Post by CaptCarnage »

I think its like this:
Have a dot on the map for every city in the world. Then you select e.g. Paris and in the window on the right a list of Parisian facilities appear. Select Eiffel Tower, and click fire to have your Tomahawks incinerate that large radio antenna/watchtower.

Which is not a very bad concept in itself just I think not needed in Command.
"One must always distrust the report of troop commanders: 'We have no fuel' [...] You see, if they become tired they suddenly lack fuel" - Heinz Guderian, Panzer Leader
Russian Heel

Post by Russian Heel »

I don't get it. You want the developers to model every city in the world down to landmarks and bustops? Then you want them compiled in a list you can click on to target? What do you mean units are just floating there? I'm thoroughly confused as to your suggestion.
jdkbph

Post by jdkbph »

If you're really into this level of detail, keep in mind that CMANO cover 70+ years. Google maps only shows you what it looks like now.

JD
JD
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Doesn't look like many people support this idea so I'd say that's that.
claystone_MatrixForum

This was what i was trying to explain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptw0gvQbLFM

Primarchx

Post by Primarchx »

I'm just happy we have the airbase templates. That alone is worth half what you pay for with Command. Modeling the entire world with targets is a much taller order.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”