Increasing manpower for depleted Divisions

This sequel to the award-winning Crown of Glory takes Napoleonic Grand Strategy to a whole new level. This represents a complete overhaul of the original release, including countless improvements and innovations ranging from detailed Naval combat and brigade-level Land combat to an improved AI, unit upgrades, a more detailed Strategic Map and a new simplified Economy option. More historical AND more fun than the original!

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

just_one_more_turn

Increasing manpower for depleted Divisions

Post by just_one_more_turn »

I am playing as Britain and invade Spain, making them surrender after a year. My troops in Spain are pretty beat and depleted many are down to 1k strength. Is there a way to make them go back up to 7k or higher? Like how ships repair at port, do these armies do the same? Thanks
newmanovci

RE: Increasing manpower for depleted Divisions

Post by newmanovci »

As I'm still learning the game, I'm not sure. But I believe replacements for units with losses arrive automatically from men in your Draft. Offhand I don't know if it's possible to control the assignment of these replacements at all.
just_one_more_turn

Just this morning at pg 88 of the manual I just spotted that you can click a unit, then click another unit in the stack and it gives you a bar that you can manipulate as to how many troops to move from one unit to the other. So I am guessing I can produce a lot of units then use them to fill into the existing divisions. I am at the max for amount of units and cannot produce more but most only have 1k in them that exist. So I need to have some units absorbed into others so that I can produce new units. I will have to give this a whirl today.
newmanovci

Post by newmanovci »

Ah right, good point. I'd forgotten about that feature.
altipueri

Post by altipueri »

Thanks - I didn't know that. I don't really play this game enough. I got put off finding so many of my guys died foraging. Also a pity you can't fight the detailed battles just on their own but only as a result of the campaign.
just_one_more_turn

I also noticed that the draft helps too. I read in the book that it will automatically replace missing troops in divisions from your draft pool. The replacing is almost automatic if your troops are in-country and then lesser amounts if they are warring out-of country. I had a hard time with foraging, what I had to do was to plan my moves so they would end up in hexes that were either one hex away from a depot (no casualties) or end up in hexes that support large troops like 60k or 80k so the foraging effects weren't too brutal. Supply depots are crazily expensive, the costs seem to differ but it seems like some cost upwards of $50 per turn for each, so I usually only have a few.

Return to “Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition”