Follow on scenarios in SOW Gettysburg

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_ScourgeofWar

vetfarm

Follow on scenarios in SOW Gettysburg

Post by vetfarm »

I am unable to access follow on scenarios in SOW Gettysburg. I have tried playing and saving the required lead in scenario in every way that I can think of without success.
Example , if I want to play # 14 it is required to play #5 first. I have played and saved #5 to the time limit, to the end way beyond the normal end, as a replay, What am I doing wrong?and I have used different titles for the saved game. Nothing works
histgamer

RE: Follow on scenarios in SOW Gettysburg

Post by histgamer »

What results are you getting in the battles? Are you losing? Winning? Major or Minor?
vetfarm

Post by vetfarm »

Not doing very well
Sample scores Scenario #2-110, #3-407,#4- 2714, #5-1866. There are others that are lower but these are highs.
simovitch

Post by simovitch »

Pretty sure you need at least a minor victory to move past the scenario to the next one. That has been my experience.
simovitch

histgamer

Post by histgamer »

Right you need to win victories in the previous battles to get the follow ons.
taustin660

Post by taustin660 »

I have had the same problem as vetfarm. My problem is, I am unable to score the points for possession of battle objectives. For example, I have done the "Blood in the Run" scenario ten or twelve times, and usually run the Confederates right off the battlefield (on the easy setting) and yet I never can get the objective to flip from reb or neutral to Yankee. I don't know of any way to score those points, and without it I can't win the scenario even if my casualties are much lower than the enemy, and they usually are.
RebBugler

Post by RebBugler »

Objectives require a commander and a minimum number of troops within the objective radius to activate and award points. Mouseover the objective in the MiniMap to determine it's activation criteria.
Designer - Scourge of War
taustin660

Post by taustin660 »

thanks, RebBugler.

I've had some more success in earning the follow-on scenarios. I've done the mouseover trick and I understand how award points work. It's still intermittent, though. I put it on the full easy setting and Longstreet's Corp dominates the field. A full brigade sitting right on top of Devil's Den and Little Round Top with no Union troops even in target range for twenty minutes. and I get no award points. Maddening!

Overall, though, great game. Already have Chancellorsville, Pipe Creek, and Antietam.

Return to “Tech Support”