New Update v1.1.1 Now Available!

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

paulderynck

RE: New Update v1.1.0 Now Available!

Post by paulderynck »

More and more people are getting this error. Rather than re-installing, it is better to go to the link given at the top of Post #1 and manually download the update.
Paul
Cataphract88

Post by Cataphract88 »

My automatic updater is bust too!
Richard
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Out of interest, how do we check what version we have installed? With other games e.g. WITP-AE it is readily identifiable. I am probably being thick but cannot see this info here. Thank-you.
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
AxelNL

Post by AxelNL »

It is on the header of the window where you can select a new or saved game. You can also right click on the icon and look at the properties, it is in the fourth tab 'details'.
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: AxelNL

It is on the header of the window where you can select a new or saved game. You can also right click on the icon and look at the properties, it is in the fourth tab 'details'.
warspite1

Ah yes, I was being thick - or at least spectacularly unobservant - thanks AxelNL.

Centuur

Post by Centuur »

ORIGINAL: Sabre21

• Fixed a problem with Port Attacks where using surprise points to avoid the port attack during the air-to-air combat subphase caused a fatal error.

So this was the only port attack issue fixed? What about the game locking up when a second ship is selected for damage by the defender? That was reported on a couple weeks ago and pretty much prevents surprise port attacks from happening when ships are damaged. Without the ability to do surprise port attacks, it's pointless to try a game involving ships.

For your information, I went through a port attack two days ago while testing, and I didn't come across this problem at all. I was able to destroy, damage and abort ships by both the attacker and the defender in the right way, including the spending of surprise points if the attackers wants to choose the target...
Peter
Sabre21

Post by Sabre21 »

ORIGINAL: Centuur

• Fixed a problem with Port Attacks where using surprise points to avoid the port attack during the air-to-air combat subphase caused a fatal error.

So this was the only port attack issue fixed? What about the game locking up when a second ship is selected for damage by the defender? That was reported on a couple weeks ago and pretty much prevents surprise port attacks from happening when ships are damaged. Without the ability to do surprise port attacks, it's pointless to try a game involving ships.

For your information, I went through a port attack two days ago while testing, and I didn't come across this problem at all. I was able to destroy, damage and abort ships by both the attacker and the defender in the right way, including the spending of surprise points if the attackers wants to choose the target...

Thanks for the response. Bloodybill and I are going to start another game here in about a half hour and hopefully we can get past this hurdle. I'll let you know one way or the other.
Moltke71

RE: New Update v1.1.1 Now Available!

Post by Moltke71 »

The Wif updater may be worn out from overuse. [:D]
Jim Cobb
gcichoracki

RE: New Update v1.1.1 Now Available!

Post by gcichoracki »

Yep, my updater broke too.
Sabre21

Post by Sabre21 »

looks like it is still broke using 1.1.1..see my post under tech support
shaddock

Post by shaddock »

Allow me to be the first:

We don't want to see your but under tech support lol :)
save the carrots; eat a vegan!
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

looks like it is still broke using 1.1.1..see my but under tech support
warspite1

"Nice but!"

"Yeah, he must work out"....

P.S Name that film?

paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

Centuur probably had it work in solitaire whereas yours is NetPlay. The problem is logged against NetPlay.
Paul
Sabre21

Post by Sabre21 »

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

Centuur probably had it work in solitaire whereas yours is NetPlay. The problem is logged against NetPlay.

I haven't had an issue in solitaire with many of these problems, just Netplay.
Sabre21

Post by Sabre21 »

By the way..I fixed that "but"...lol.
Magpius

Post by Magpius »

@warspite
Dumb & Dumber?
And I hope I'm wrong!

"I don't believe in reincarnation because I refuse to come back as a bug or as a rabbit".
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Agent S

@warspite
Dumb & Dumber?
And I hope I'm wrong!
warspite1

Dumb and Dumber is the correct answer!

Why did you hope you were wrong?

Magpius

Post by Magpius »

The film is so bad that knowing the quote and posting the answer diminishes us both!
[:D]

"I don't believe in reincarnation because I refuse to come back as a bug or as a rabbit".
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Agent S

The film is so bad that knowing the quote and posting the answer diminishes us both!
[:D]
warspite1

Really!! I think that is a brilliant film! Love the snowball fight.

Anyway congratulations on receiving 25 points for a correct answer [:)].

Centuur

Post by Centuur »

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

I haven't had an issue in solitaire with many of these problems, just Netplay.

If you did state that, I wouldn't have said anything about this issue.
Peter

Return to “World in Flames”