Moddability

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: Ronald Wendt

Redmarkus5

Moddability

Post by Redmarkus5 »

OK, call me fussy but I don't like the map or unit graphics at all. This puts me off any game completely, dumb as that may sound.

For an example of what I DO like, see the excellent map mod for WitE (Volcano Man, I believe?)

I downloaded the demo but it seems as though replacing the map tiles or unit images is not supported. Is this correct?
WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2
Ronald Wendt

RE: Moddability

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hello redmarkus4,
ORIGINAL: redmarkus4

OK, call me fussy but I don't like the map or unit graphics at all. This puts me off any game completely, dumb as that may sound.

For an example of what I DO like, see the excellent map mod for WitE (Volcano Man, I believe?)

I downloaded the demo but it seems as though replacing the map tiles or unit images is not supported. Is this correct?

you cannot replace the units other than switching to Nato symbols, but there is a function that could replace the 3d terrain with a 2D map.

This was for easier development of the map distances, but could also be used to mod the game with 2D maps.

Regards,
gdrover

Post by gdrover »

Could I choose to use the graphic counters from 1.04 as my actual on-map units rather than the nato symbols?
GMoney
Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hello gdrover,

you are refering to the counters in the HQ ?

Currently they are only available there and they wouldn't fit on the map as they are now.

It would be quite some work to change this.

Regards,
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

unit graphics like these work great for a hex based game like this, alter it to more of a 3d image and you don't gain anything other than a pretty image that looks nice but most of the time gets in the way of looking at terrain etc which is most important for placement for battle regarding attack and defense....

seen a few modders altering counters for many games but overall i normally stick with the defaults unless someone does a really good job and it improves the feel of the game, same goes with maps tbh
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”