Looking for opponent : TR 1942-1945

Post here if you are looking for an opponent to play against.

Moderators: ralphtricky, JAMiAM

Edwire

Looking for opponent : TR 1942-1945

Post by Edwire »

Hi guys,

My work slow down a bit and i will have free time for play. I'm looking for opponent for Third Reich : 1942-1945 scenario. Any side is fine with me. This is an excellent scenario that i wanted to play, i only managed to go until T30ish before, you can find it here : http://www.wargamecollege.net/2013/02/r ... rsion-1-8/

Thanks!
Ruppich

RE: Looking for opponent : TR 1942-1945

Post by Ruppich »

Mark has an updated version 1.9 on this hdd (or sdd dont know his machine :) )
and maybe he gets some more input from our game which is on Turn 157 from 158 :)

So a start with version 1.9 or maybe 2.0 and a detailed AAR would be much appreciated.
Edwire

Post by Edwire »

Hi Ruppich,

How are things going in your game? Do you make AAR for your own game by any chance? Would love to see it [:)]

I haven't got any reply though, maybe i should wait for the updated version instead if its in the near future.
Ruppich

Post by Ruppich »

The whole think went near the historical time line.
tried a landing in the balkan which does not went very far.
a raid near dieppe was repulsed and ended in a desaster :)
I sent the turn 157 from 158 turns to Mark 5 minuts ago and im 1 hex away from Berlin
USXpat

Post by USXpat »

Thank you - happy you like the scenario! I haven't been keeping up with comments on wargamecollege.net as it has been spammed 20k times...

V 1.9 works as intended, though I've since uncovered some additional units for both sides. There are a few units that arrive in the wrong hex, it needs more weather effects, and minor rework of a few events. The most important element is to examine the final casualties and to see which items need more/less inventory slots. My inclination is for the next update to coincide with the next TOAW update.

It would require more time than I have available aside from making some minor, interim improvements. I'll evaluate at the end of this test play and post again before the weekend whether an interim update can be expected in the near future.

Work is almost finished (in relative terms) on a 1939 - 1945 version of the same scale, but applying some new/different dynamics, in addition to all of the early war elements.
Edwire

Post by Edwire »

Very interesting, doesn't seem to be any German units left there other than the Luftwaffe. How is the western and Italian front?
ORIGINAL: USXpat
Work is almost finished (in relative terms) on a 1939 - 1945 version of the same scale, but applying some new/different dynamics, in addition to all of the early war elements.

oh my, and here i just thought it would be nice to have EA with this strategic warfare and you are actually almost finished with that ? [&o] I will eagerly await for this [:)]
USXpat

Post by USXpat »

Axis forces pretty much globally were eviscerated as Ruppich saved his best shock event for last. The EEV reached 600 (-15% Axis replacements). Most of what was left was concentrated in the West and scattered in the South. The West Wall started caving in February, but most of the key locations were held into April. EEV could have gone significantly higher as 5 factories were at imminent risk of destruction.

Vienna, Salzburg, Munich, and Stuttgart were held - Prague, Dresden and Leipzig fell on the last turn.

Ruppich played a very good game. At one point the Axis were only 45 km from Baku. Slightly over extended...

Anyways, as I've got the last turn -- it looks like it will take more than a few quick fixes to refine 1942-1945. The AA issue, the RBC & Fortified/Ignore Losses issue, more weather events and more units indicate it would be best to wait for the patch. I needed this to compare against the 1939 - 1945 scenario replacement rates relative to TO&E.

Return to “Opponents Wanted”