CWII Bloody Road South?

Civil War 2 is the definitive grand strategy game of the period. It is a turn based regional game with an emphasis on playability and historical accuracy. It is built on the renowned AGE game engine, with a modern and intuitive interface that makes it easy to learn yet hard to master.
This historical operational strategy game with a simultaneous turn-based engine (WEGO system) that places players at the head of the USA or CSA during the American Civil War (1861-1865).

Moderator: Pocus

michaelincol

CWII Bloody Road South?

Post by michaelincol »

I just noticed this from Matrix homepage. Was it a slip to have it as there hasn't been a peep on either forum? Can't wait to get this add on package! Great approach to give us more battles, regional in 1862, and some more grand campaign options. I hope CWII is getting the sales it deserves for all responsible.
Queeg

RE: CWII Bloody Road South?

Post by Queeg »

Looks like it's mostly the rest of the campaigns that came with the original AACW game, plus Gettysburg and Atlanta scenarios. I wondered why they didn't include those campaigns in CW2; now we know. It's OK, I'm in.
Werewolf13

Post by Werewolf13 »

The Matrix writeup for Bloody Road mentions it will use update 1.03.

Not heard about 1.03. Any news on it available? What will be fixed? What will be added? When will it be released and last but not least...

Will we have to buy Bloody Road to get it?
Freedom is not free! Nor should it be. For men being men will neither fight for nor value that which is free.

Michael Andress
Ol Choctaw

Post by Ol Choctaw »

Buy? No Idea!

1.03 is supposed to be out sometime next month.
Queeg

Post by Queeg »

I'm sure the patch will be available with or without the expansion. The expansion is really the extra campaigns and scenarios.
vaalen

Post by vaalen »

I am also sure the patch will be available without the expansion. I am going to buy this as soon as it comes out!
Curious

Post by Curious »

Where is it? Is it available in the part of the world that is past Feb. 5th now?
Ol Choctaw

Post by Ol Choctaw »

Only a guess but they usually post their patches, etc. on Fridays.
mattpenfold

Post by mattpenfold »

available in the part of the world that is past Feb. 5th now?

According to the Matrix Games front page it was released on the 5th. However there is still no option to purchase when you click on the link to the product page.
Gilmer

Post by Gilmer »

I am a little perplexed at that as well. I went looking last night and am now looking again.
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
Ace1_slith

Post by Ace1_slith »

Better a day late and a good pack, then on time and a bad pack.
mattpenfold

Post by mattpenfold »

It is out - downloading it now. About 1Gb in size, so it will take a while on my slow connection.
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

WTF! Do we have to pay for the patch?
mattpenfold

Post by mattpenfold »

ORIGINAL: vonRocko

WTF! Do we have to pay for the patch?

No, but The Bloody Road South requires it, hence why it is included the download.
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Yes the patch will be available without the expansion. We are still working on integrating it in to the update system so don't worry it will come once we've completed the testing!
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
mattpenfold

Post by mattpenfold »

Pocus over at the AGEOD forums has just announced that Matrix are changing the way they release patches, and the 1.03 update encountered some technical issues as a result but will be out in a few days.
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

Yeah, no problem getting it in the expansion though. Pocus also said the patch in the addon is big, and the free one will be "slimmer". What does that mean? The free patch won't have as many fixes, features?
mattpenfold

Post by mattpenfold »

I think it means that Matrix are changing the way they deliver patches, and that the 1.03 stand alone patch will be considerably smaller in size that the 1Gb size of The Bloody Road. Obviously the stand alone patch is not going to have the content of the addon, but I have seen nothing to indicate that otherwise the update will not be the same.
Dorb

Post by Dorb »

Great! Will grab when get home from work tonight. I needed to get back to this game anyway, was distracted by all the games from the holiday sale for awhile. [:)]
I am more afraid of an army of 100 sheep led by a lion than an army of 100 lions led by a sheep.
… Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Perigord
Duck Doc

Post by Duck Doc »

I am happy the expansion pack was released. It makes the game playable for those of us with a life and/ or short attention spans [:D]. Thanks a lot. Just what the doctor ordered.

Return to “Civil War II”