Is there really a problem with scrolling and fonts?

Fans of the old Panzer General series rejoice for the release of Panzer Corps. Following in the footsteps of the popular SSI masterpiece and sharing with the General series the same level of engagement and strategic depth, Panzer Corps will keep an unmistakable "PG feeling" whilst improving and refining the gameplay and balance. Panzer Corps will feature 26 scenarios on 21 unique maps, covering most major battles of the European Theatre of World War II and including a few hypothetical 'what if' scenarios based on your actions. Now expanded with a full-war mega-campaign and the Afrika Corps and Allied Corps releases!

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

KenPortner

Is there really a problem with scrolling and fonts?

Post by KenPortner »

I am also not a troll.

I have PC on pc and would like to get it for iPad but don't want to spend $20 to be disappointed.

So I've read complaints that choppy scrolling makes controlling the game difficult and also that the text is hard to read.

Can anyone who doesn't have an axe to grind provide an objective comment on these issues?

Thanks in advance.
JDM

RE: Is there really a problem with scrolling and fonts?

Post by JDM »

Have a look in the App Store reviews
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Just read any metacritic or gamerankings reviews that should answer your question. If you can't find any reviews there, well that should answer your question also.[:D]
JDM

Post by JDM »

Reviews on the App Store are each from an individual gamer! It's a bit different from meta critic
grogmaster

Post by grogmaster »

Scrolling the map is jaggedy on the iPad, and the fonts are very hard to read. I get sore eyes after a few minutes of play. Its not optimized correctly for the iPad. Back to the drawing board perhaps?
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

The scrolling is complete;y smooth here so please post the scenario, model and OS you are on.

The text can't be blurry - it is full Retina display and as crisp as can be so its just not possible so you must mean something else. Please send us a screenshot so we can investigate.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
FroBodine

Post by FroBodine »

The scrolling is a little show and choppy. However, it is certainly not bad and the game is very playable and enjoyable. It is not completely smooth by a long shot, at least not on any of the '39 DLC missions, which is all that I have played so far. I am on an iPad 2 with the latest OS. Nowhere near as smooth as the PC version. I was really annoyed with it at first, but I got used to it and it really is not that big of a deal. I find myself using the overhead map to navigate 90% of the time.

The text is fine for me. I do not notice any blurriness whatsoever. I don't know what people are talking about. Maybe on the iPad 1, perhaps?

It's a great game. Sure, it is missing stuff, and there are a few potential bugs, but supposedly there is a patch in the works. I just wish they would get the patch out. It has been a while, with no communication about an ETA or what bugs they have found and plan to fix.
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

I have put in an a massive amount of time on the iPad 4 with this game...anyone who really wants to know what is right and wrong with this game PM me and I will give you an honest opinion what is missing and how this game works on all add ons and dlcs.
"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
FroBodine

Post by FroBodine »

For the record, my opinions are very honest.
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

We're still working on the patch. We're fixing bugs but also adding features. We're also adding German & Russian language support. We're also trying to finish up the Steam version so having to split time between the two. Both will be finished very soon!
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

Return to “Panzer Corps”