Country specific strategy guides

Share your best strategies and tactics with other players by posting them here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

joshuamnave

Country specific strategy guides

Post by joshuamnave »

Anyone have a link to any good strategy guides broken down by country? Or anyone want to try taking a crack at one?

I'm particularly interested in guides for the US and Japan, post US entry.
Head Geek in Charge at politigeek.net - the intersection of politics and all things geeky
Dabrion

RE: Country specific strategy guides

Post by Dabrion »

There was a download link to the LiF Annual somewhere in the stickies. Although the details may not hold anymore, the gist of the guides is stil ltrue and well worth a read. Perhaps someone can dig up the link.
"If we come to a minefield, our infantry attacks exactly as it were not there." ~ Georgy Zhukov
Bo Rearguard

Post by Bo Rearguard »

Link dug up.

tm.asp?m=3472676
"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist ...." Union General John Sedgwick, 1864
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

You could also check the AI strategy threads. You may have to set things at the top right in the main forum so you can view/search posts older than one year.
Paul
LiquidSky

Post by LiquidSky »

One problem with country by country strategy guides is they assume that you are trying to win WITH that country. WiF breaks the countries into playable/winnable entities. For example, the Russian player gets to play the French, and has his victory lumped with the French victory cities. The Italians have a separate victory from the Germans, so it may not be in their best interests to sacrifice themselves for their German partner.

The real strategy in WiF comes from being to adapt. WiF is a fluky game. The person who can adapt to changing conditions the best will win.
“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great

Return to “The War Room”