Reinstalling a Matrix Game to Another Drive

Here is the place to get and give support to your fellow gamers. This is NOT an official game support conference but a place for general tech support. All questions are welcomed, basic, advanced, software or hardware.
demyansk

Reinstalling a Matrix Game to Another Drive

Post by demyansk »

I have a question and would like some advice,

I have all the Panzer Corps games and a lot of matrix Games but loaded onto my C drive. I was thinking of installing the game onto another hard drive. What would be the best way to do this?

I still have the initial set up files on my D drive so was curious about what others might do?
IainMcNeil

RE: Reinstalling a Matrix Game to Another Drive

Post by IainMcNeil »

Just running the installers again and patching should work fine.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Thanks McNeil,
pmelheck1

Post by pmelheck1 »

Personally I always liked saving my save games ect to a temporary folder and uninstalling and wiping the folders and reinstalling to the new drive and moving the saves over the the new install. For me this helps with drive space and windows has sometimes - rarely - gone stupid on me if I leave fragments of programs floating on the hard drive or installing over a previous version.

My experience as a comp tech has made me somewhat cautious with stuff. I had an issue with a video driver that kept updated on top of it self until it blew up and I had to remove EVERY past driver to get it to finally work properly.
76mm

Post by 76mm »

My C drive is running out of space, so I uninstalled two Matrix games from my C drive and re-installed them on D drive. For reasons I don't understand, both games seems to have been installed on my D drive AND my C drive. WTF?

Win10 shows one of the games as installed on C, and one on D...I guess I could just delete the files on the C drive, but don't want to screw up my registry (or whatever). Any advice on how to proceed?
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

if any files are left over from the previous install, it happens, uninstall them again and make sure both folders are empty

i use ccleaner but there's others out there to check and do this, it's free and easy, then reinstall, making sure the installer points to the d drive and also the update, to do this right click and install as admin on the installer
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

Bit late to this, but I have found no problem at all, ever, with any of the many Matrix games I have, with just dragging and dropping the entire game folder onto the new drive. I do this quite often, switching between the C drive (an SSD) and the D drive, when space gets tight. Win 8.5 and Win 10 seem to track the new location in the registry so the games all work fine. Plus, they even auto update correctly, very often the auto-updater will correctly identify the drive location, if not, just point it there.
jamiejones

Post by jamiejones »

Worked for me as well.
ORIGINAL: zakblood

if any files are left over from the previous install, it happens, uninstall them again and make sure both folders are empty

i use ccleaner but there's others out there to check and do this, it's free and easy, then reinstall, making sure the installer points to the d drive and also the update, to do this right click and install as admin on the installer

Return to “Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers”