Current game that crashes

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

mmoore327

Current game that crashes

Post by mmoore327 »

I posted earlier today wondering about whether there were any optional rules that may make the game more stable. Attached is my current game file with crash that I can't get by...

USSR production has just been completed but not yet finalized so if you select "Done Production", on my machine at least, game will crash shortly after (provides messages about denmark being captured first, etc...) it appears to be in the annual additions phase that actual error message is displayed.

I also submitted the bug report.

Mike
Attachments
CurrentGame.zip
(1.57 MiB) Downloaded 1 time
Mike
mmoore327

RE: Current game that crashes

Post by mmoore327 »

As FYI followed comment I saw in other thread to turn off autosave and I was able to get by the bug in this save game...
Mike
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: mmoore327

I posted earlier today wondering about whether there were any optional rules that may make the game more stable. Attached is my current game file with crash that I can't get by...

USSR production has just been completed but not yet finalized so if you select "Done Production", on my machine at least, game will crash shortly after (provides messages about denmark being captured first, etc...) it appears to be in the annual additions phase that actual error message is displayed.

I also submitted the bug report.

Mike
I downloaded your game and ran it through to Trade Agreements in the next turn, without any trouble. Perhaps some of the changes I have made since 1.1.0.0 fixed the problem. Version 1.1.1.0 should be available later this week. Please try running your saved game using that version. If the problem reoccurs, let us know by posting to this thread.

EDIT: I had AutoSave on when I ran your game.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
mmoore327

Post by mmoore327 »

Steve - as requested I updated to 1.1.1 and retried the game file I sent you (confirmed I was running 1.1.1 and turned on autosave...)

Game still crashes for me at same point (have emailed bug report)...
Mike
Tankograd

Post by Tankograd »

Unfortunately, I'm encountering the same problem [:(] The phase of production is finished, a message indicates me that Denmark, Netherlands and Belgium has just been conquered by the German armies, and then the game crashes immediatly after, during the phase of additions (chinese ones).

I also submit the bug report and my saved game.

Regards
Tankograd

Post by Tankograd »

Perharps a solution to fix this problem : I cancel the auto save game function in the player interface settings, and now it seems to work well. I cross my fingers [:D]
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

Which operating System? Are you running as Administrator? If not, please turn Autosave back on and try running the same sequence as Administrator and let us know.

Thanks.
Paul
DreadedTaipan

Post by DreadedTaipan »

Hi paulderynck,

I am also still getting this crash bug at the annual additions phase. I have am running as administrator with the latest patch. Win 7.

Cheers,

DreadedTaipan
DreadedTaipan

Post by DreadedTaipan »

Last autosave before crash. Running from here crashes game for me.
Attachments
AlliedMinorSupport.zip
(1.47 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

I am able to continue the game from this save (Win XP). All I can suggest is that you do as the others in this thread have done and try turning off the Autosave and do a manual save in the same spot and see if you can continue from there.
Paul
Tankograd

Post by Tankograd »

Hi Paul

The OS is Win 7 x64 Service Pack 1, and I'm running as admin. Since I turn off the autosave, the game works smoothly.

After your post yesterday, I tested my bugged saved game with the autosave on, and the game crashed again. So, in my opinion, the problem seems to come from the autosave function.

Regards
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: Tankograd

Hi Paul

The OS is Win 7 x64 Service Pack 1, and I'm running as admin. Since I turn off the autosave, the game works smoothly.

After your post yesterday, I tested my bugged saved game with the autosave on, and the game crashed again. So, in my opinion, the problem seems to come from the autosave function.

Regards
The problem I have seen with autosaving games has to do with where the games are being saved. If you are using a local disk, it should be okay. But if you are saving games to a remote device (even a plug-in thumb drive) you might encounter problems because of buffering.

When I have examined these in detail, it appears that the last buffer (a hundred or so bytes) is not being written out to the GAM file (8+ MB). I have no idea why this happens, but apparently writing out to a disk file isn't always processed the same way by the operating system.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

mmoore327 and Tankograd - please comment on where your save files and autosave files are set to go to. Default install is the disk drive you assigned the World in Flames folder to, like this:
C:\Matrix Games\World in Flames\Scenarios\Global War\Saved Games, and
C:\Matrix Games\World in Flames\Scenarios\Global War\Saved Games\AutoSave; C:\Matrix Games\World in Flames\Scenarios\Global War\Saved Games\AutoSave\Allied;
C:\Matrix Games\World in Flames\Scenarios\Global War\Saved Games\AutoSave\Axis

(in the above, substitute "Global War" with the scenario you had chosen)

Thanks.
Paul
Tankograd

Post by Tankograd »

Hi,

Here is the link for my autosaved games : C:\Matrix Games\World in Flames\Scenarios\Global War\Saved Games\AutoSave
When I save manually, the link is : C:\Matrix Games\World in Flames\Scenarios\Global War

The files are saved on my local HD, not on a remote device.

I hope it helps.

Regards

Return to “Tech Support”