Nuclear strike

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

mikeCK

Nuclear strike

Post by mikeCK »

Are there any scenarios that involve the release of nuclear weapons ... ICBMs, nuclear tomahawks or bombs? I know they are modeled but have t seen any scenarios?
Russian Heel

RE: Nuclear strike

Post by Russian Heel »

There is a series somebody made with B-36/47/52s attacking Kola in the 50s/early 60s, it is somewhat interesting. I'm not sure how many scenarios you will see with ICBMs though, just doesn't seem fun enough to go through the trouble to build. Lots of scripting, and other than the counterforce strikes you aren't going to get any real feedback on your damage inflicted/sustained unless the scenario builder builds hundreds of cities building by building - and then what is the scenario going to be? Sit in front of a map until a random event fires to make the other side launch and then you hit pause and launch all your missiles (or activate missions you pre-planned) then wait while your pulse count goes up to infinity while all the calculations are done with all those birds in the air. Or, since there are no real world consequences you launch your missiles first and the same thing occurs. Lots of work for very little satisfaction in my opinion. Realistic nuclear war simulation is boring.
snowburn

Post by snowburn »

im doing a scenario with nukes.... but only for the "red" side.
i plan to release it in a few days.

ICBMs are boring, but nuclear torpedoes, deep charges, AAMs arent :)
xavierv

Post by xavierv »

A scenario involving ASMP-A tactical nuke with low level penetration of enemy territory would be awesome
Broncepulido

Post by Broncepulido »

Another related mad idea: because short range, in a total nuclear war the Force de Frappe Mirage IVA with gravity bombs was planned to penetrate in the Kaliningrad/Leningrad zone, launch the bombs and eject the crews in the neutral (neutral or obliterated???) Finland coast to be retrieved there !!!!!
Coiler12

Post by Coiler12 »

The best I could do with strategic missiles was to import the Moscow ABM defenses, then fling a bunch of weapons at it and see how many got shot down.

(The answer was, at least against two French SSBNs, "not enough")
mikeCK

Post by mikeCK »

The idea would be ICBMs are launched to take out major Soviet airbases and naval bases so that regular conventional forces could follow up on an attack. You wouldn't be launching ICBMs simply to watch ICBMs...you're hoping to hit the bases because your forces in the area are dependent on the elimination of those bases in order to complete their job whatever that might be
Gunner98

Post by Gunner98 »

Was looking at a scenario of 'limited' nuc strikes using tactical weapons only. Problem is that things don't stay limited for long...

B
Check out our novel, Northern Fury: H-Hour!: http://northernfury.us/
And our blog: http://northernfury.us/blog/post2/
Twitter: @NorthernFury94 or Facebook https://www.facebook.com/northernfury/

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”