issues with air strike

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

hawkeye_de

issues with air strike

Post by hawkeye_de »

Edit: updated test scenario and description:

I've uploaded a small test scenario and have two issues:

- the Udaloy on the North is set to auto-detected but is identified as 'Neutral' - although in the map it is correctly depicted as hostile (from the NATO side). Do I do sth wrong here?
- The Tornado IDS aircrafts do not seem to use their TFR...are those attributes in the database currently not used? I'm talking about assigning the aircrafts to a mission. Additionally, they do almost never attack the Udaloy, although they are assigned to maritime strike mission and have one Udaloy as their specific target.

Thx.
Attachments
test.zip
(10.77 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
mikmykWS

RE: issues with air strike

Post by mikmykWS »

Thanks Hawkeye

Looks the AI isn't moving the aircraft into the correct alt firing parameters. Reported and we'll fix.

Looking at the posture issue.

Thanks!

Mike
hawkeye_de

Post by hawkeye_de »

ok, nice Mike...

and by the way, there is one further AI behavior, which I do not understand: look at the Tornado, which is marked with the black arrow (same scenario)...it flies first north and then finally turns around to the Udaloy....looks also strange...

Attachments
tornado_issue.jpg
tornado_issue.jpg (40.71 KiB) Viewed 17 times
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Yeah the reason is you've got Gods Eye view on. Gods Eye shows you everything but not the side you're playing. If you turn it off you'll notice that the southern Udaloy gets detected and things then the mission logic kicks in. If I'm not seeing something though let me know. Thanks!

Mike
hawkeye_de

Post by hawkeye_de »

hm...I've loaded the scenario, switched off 'Gods view' and then started the simulation (in editor mode). But I got the same behavior...even If I mark manually the southern Udaloy as hostile, the flight path of the 'east' Tornado does not get altered.

Is there a low level log available to check when/if the mission gets kicked in?
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Its assigned to a plotted course. Opportunity fire might be useful in this case as well.

We do have the ability and will take a look. Just need to get through a few items thanks!

Mike

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”