Is it vers 1.09 or 1.10?

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

khucke

Is it vers 1.09 or 1.10?

Post by khucke »

I updated to 1.10, but the status line still says vers 1.09. When I click on 'check for update', I get the message that I have the latest version. Anyone else got this problem? How can I find out if update to 10 has indeed succeeded?
paulderynck

RE: Is it vers 1.09 or 1.10?

Post by paulderynck »

Launch program, pick a fast start scenario, when it comes up, click on Help and choose "About the Program". In the upper left of the form that appears, above the list of playtester names, you should see the program version number.
Paul
khucke

Post by khucke »

it says 1.09 there, still get the 'latest version' message, when trying to update, strange.
Courtenay

Post by Courtenay »

What this means is that you had an incomplete update. Your game is very likely to be in a very unstable state. Do not play it; you will very likely run into strange bugs. Go to the Matrix games website, and download the patch from their website:
http://www.matrixgames.com/products/296 ... .In.Flames

Shut down everything, and restart your computer. (No, I am not kidding. There are likely to be some WiF background processes that you have to stop; restarting your computer is the most certain way of doing that.)

Run the download you got from Matrix games. It might say that you are up to date; ignore that, and tell the updater to proceed. It will update you, and you should find yourself running 1.1.0
I thought I knew how to play this game....
khucke

Post by khucke »

Courtenay, you're very right. I rebooted the computer and manually applied the update and that worked nicely, thank you!
Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

I have updated progressively to v1.09 using the updater, but in checking for v1.10 the updater gives 'Runtime Error' ??
"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

There's been a lot of that - see here: tm.asp?m=3523304&mpage=1&#3525037
Paul
Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

ORIGINAL: paulderynck
There's been a lot of that - see here: tm.asp?m=3523304&mpage=1�

Thanks. [:)]
"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon

Return to “World in Flames”