New Update v1.1.1 Now Available!

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Andrew Loveridge

New Update v1.1.1 Now Available!

Post by Andrew Loveridge »

This corrects some issues with Deployment, and Navies, plus more changes and bug fixes. It is available thru the Menu Update link or you can download it from the product page, http://www.matrixgames.com/products/296/downloads/

V1.1.1 – January 24, 2014

Bug Fixes

• For NetPlay, fixed a problem in the DOW phase where the program would halt at the US Entry subphase if the Axis were the phasing side and none of the Axis major powers had declared war in the phase.
• Fixed a bug where a side voluntarily aborting from an air-to-air combat caused all the carrier based air units on that side to abort and return to base - even those which had been cleared through to the target.
• Fixed a supply bug where a path through desert terrain was being preferred over a path through clear terrain. This was causing a fatal error because of an infinite loop in the supply calculations, notably around Alexandria in Egypt.
• Fixed a problem with Port Attacks where using surprise points to avoid the port attack during the air-to-air combat subphase caused a fatal error.
• Fixed the problem in ground support where if the only unit capable of providing ground support were a defensive fighter-bomber, then the phase was skipped.
• Fixed a problem with Communist Chinese artillery units being skipped during the Ground Strike phase if the USSR itself had no units to move. This could also have affected Ground Support.
• Corrected some of the river hexside data around Nanchang so the HST file matches the river depictions on the map. This means that land combat attacks across rivers are halved and those not across rivers are not halved.
• Fixed a bug where only 1 build point could be saved in a hex.
• Removed another place in the code where cargo being moved into port during the Return to Base phases in the End of Turn was incorrectly being disorganized.
• Fixed an obscure problem in Production Planning where if a synthetic oil plant was placed in a coastal hex, the program might generate a fatal error because the hex could then be used as a shipping location.
• Fixed a fatal error in the surrender phase when the country surrendering has a factory adjacent to a hex in a neutral country.
• Added a line of code to make sure supply units are never affected by land combat results
• Modified the code so partisan units are destroyed instead of shattered and supply units are unaffected by shattered results
• Fixed a fatal bug where partisans which had been shattered and arrived as reinforcements in the following turn could not be placed on the map.
• Improved the message for why a French unit cannot unload from a transport into Athens when there is a Greek partisan (controlled by France) in the hex. The problem is stacking restrictions because only Greek units could debark into the hex. The general rule is that only units belonging to the partisan’s home country can debark (or invade ignoring a notional unit) into an enemy hex occupied by a partisan.
• Reworked the prompt about the number of defending units that need to be destroyed in a land combat so it shows the correct number in the prompt. Previously it had shown 0 when 1 needed to be destroyed.

Cosmetic

• Improved the informative message in the Use Oil phase so it now states: “ [major power] has no disorganized units which: (1) require oil to be reorganized, and (2) can reach an oil resource.”
• Increased the height of the Call Out Reserves form so more units can be viewed without using the scroll bar.
• Enabled the Air Reserves form to be resized horizontally so more units can be viewed without using the scroll bar. For resizing, this form now works the same way the Setup Tray does.
• Enabled the Pools form to be resized horizontally so more units can be viewed without using the scroll bar. For resizing, this form now works the same way the Setup Tray does.

Change History:

v1.1.0 – January 16, 2014
    Bug Fixes[/b] [ul]
  • Rewrote the code for placing units on the map. Specifically, this was for off-city reinforcements. But all the phases and sub-phases where the setup tray appears were affected: original set up of units, reserves, attacked minors, aligned minors, partisans, Vichy units, and reinforcements.
  • Fixed the problem with the Remove Air sub-phase of the Reinforcement phase being skipped whenever a major power had units to place on the map in the preceding Place Units sub-phase.
  • Fixed a problem with breaking down Australian corps using the standard breakdown rules. There were other countries which could have been affected by this problem too.
  • Changed the code so cargo aboard a naval unit (of any type) which started the impulse at sea is disorganized when it returns to port (RAC 11.4.5), except those moving during the return to base phases at the end of the turn (RAC 13.4.1). Any naval unit which aborts has its cargo disorganized (RAC 11.5.8). There was some discussion about naval units with cargo which start at sea and return to port during the naval movement phase having their cargo remaining organized - but I could find nothing in the rules which supported that.
  • Fixed a problem so the Axis flying ground strikes against Allied units in Vichy France no longer causes Vichy to collapse.
  • Fixed the problem with setting up Oil Points.
  • Fixed a problem with minor country units not moving from the future force pool to the force pool as part of annual additions if the minor country was neutral. Now all units in the future force pool are checked at the start of each Jan/Feb turn to see if they should move into the force pool.
  • Partially fixed a problem with initiating a naval combat between a naval unit and an enemy unit carried as cargo by a neutral unit on the opposing side. What use to be a fatal error, now generates a non-fatal error. I’ll work on this some more since the naval combat shouldn’t be possible.
Cosmetic
  • Corrected the label when setting up units in France so it’s only shown as Occ. France if Vichy France exists.
[/ul]
joshuamnave

RE: New Update v1.1.0 Now Available!

Post by joshuamnave »

ORIGINAL: Andrew Loveridge
[*]Corrected the label when setting up units in France so it’s only shown as Occ. France if Vichy France exists.
[/ul][/ul]

Quite honestly, I just assumed it stood for "occidental".
Head Geek in Charge at politigeek.net - the intersection of politics and all things geeky
Cataphract88

Post by Cataphract88 »

Andrew,
Is there any reason why patch 1.07 is still in the downloads section of the website? Do we need to patch the game to 1.07 before applying the new patch?

Many thanks [:)]
Richard
Jobylens

Post by Jobylens »

Having trouble updating to 1.1.0 I'm getting a Runtime Error saying "abnormal program termination" can anyone throw any light on this please?
gravyhair

Post by gravyhair »

ORIGINAL: Jobylens

Having trouble updating to 1.1.0 I'm getting a Runtime Error saying "abnormal program termination" can anyone throw any light on this please?

Had the same problem. I had to reinstall from my CD. Works fine now.

edited for typo
Wise Men Still Seek Him
Jobylens

Post by Jobylens »

ORIGINAL: gravyhair

edited for typo

Yeah that worked thanks Greyhair [:)]
Pax25

Post by Pax25 »

I experienced this same problem.
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

edited for typo
warspite1

Sorry but what does that mean? Do we have to un-install the current game and then re-install from scratch or what? Thank-you.
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
joshuamnave

Post by joshuamnave »

I had the same issue with 1.11 but when I downloaded using the link instead of using the updater in the game, it worked.
Head Geek in Charge at politigeek.net - the intersection of politics and all things geeky
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

edited for typo
warspite1

Sorry but what does that mean? Do we have to un-install the current game and then re-install from scratch or what? Thank-you.
That applies to the automatic updater having failed for some folks.

If your auto-update works you don't need to worry about this. If not you can try reinstalling (but save somewhere else your Screen Layouts, Map Views, Saved games and most especially your NetPlayReg.txt before you do that! Really the easiest thing for this is to rename your World in Flames folder, and then you can go back and get whatever you need later on.)

If you don't want to reinstall then you can manually download the latest patch from the Matrix support page for the game.

Paul
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

Suggestion to Matrix.

If you are going to announce a new update then don't replace just the first post in this thread. Replace it all. (I believe that was what was done previously.) Or make the type of thread nobody can reply to and let the forum members start a discussion thread if they need to.

This is confusing today to find a new update at the top of a thread that appears to be a week old! As soon as anyone replies, who looks at the top post, if they visit daily?
Paul
joshuamnave

Post by joshuamnave »

It appears that the US is still not getting the BP from Japan. I thought this one had been isolated and fixed?
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

ORIGINAL: Zartacla

It appears that the US is still not getting the BP from Japan. I thought this one had been isolated and fixed?
It was listed as fixed previously. Please put a saved game in Tech Support with this report.

Thanks.
Paul
joshuamnave

Post by joshuamnave »

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

It was listed as fixed previously. Please put a saved game in Tech Support with this report.

Thanks.

Seriously? I've uploaded a dozen games with that problem, it's been acknowledged as a still existing problem. It is not not not fixed.
MatJack

Post by MatJack »

I had the same issue with 1.11 but when I downloaded using the link instead of using the updater in the game, it worked.

Same here, I went to the game page, clicked the download link, manually downloaded from this page and then extracted to desktop, ran the exe from the desktop and the patch was applied.
MatJack

Post by MatJack »

Thanks.

Seriously? I've uploaded a dozen games with that problem, it's been acknowledged as a still existing problem. It is not not not fixed.

I would create a unique thread to this and explain what you see with what the effect was supposed to be (like patch was stated to fix the issue). May not need to be explicit with things in this new thread because you have prior threads with this (just point to them). While waiting, back things up, then do a fresh install and then see if the issue goes away with a fresh install. Just a suggestion to see if it works better works for you.
Sabre21

Post by Sabre21 »

• Fixed a problem with Port Attacks where using surprise points to avoid the port attack during the air-to-air combat subphase caused a fatal error.

So this was the only port attack issue fixed? What about the game locking up when a second ship is selected for damage by the defender? That was reported on a couple weeks ago and pretty much prevents surprise port attacks from happening when ships are damaged. Without the ability to do surprise port attacks, it's pointless to try a game involving ships.
eliliang

Post by eliliang »

If you don't want to reinstall then you can manually download the latest patch from the Matrix support page for the game.

This is very annoying since it seems once the updater is broken, it stays broken forever until you replace it!

So where can I find the support page for the game? Can someone provide a link?

[EDIT] I did find v1.1.1 and installed it. However, it did not fix updater as I suspected it would not. Can someone from Matrix please post an official fix for updater which doesn't involve deleting the entire game and reinstalling it all from CD? That would be a pain.
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

Thanks.

Current status on this is that I have two saved games. In one the BP from Japan to the US is sent correctly. In the other, it isn't. I don't need additional saved games. I need to run through the code twice, using the two games and identify what the differences are that causes one to succeed and the other to fail.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Neilster

Post by Neilster »

ORIGINAL: tyroneslothrop

This is very annoying since it seems once the updater is broken, it stays broken forever until you replace it!

So where can I find the support page for the game? Can someone provide a link?

[EDIT] I did find v1.1.1 and installed it. However, it did not fix updater as I suspected it would not. Can someone from Matrix please post an official fix for updater which doesn't involve deleting the entire game and reinstalling it all from CD? That would be a pain.
If this is true I will be very annoyed. I'd had no problems with the automatic updater until it didn't work on this patch. Re-installing the game is quite a hassle. Surely this shouldn't be happening?

Cheers, Neilster
Cheers, Neilster

Return to “World in Flames”