Question on different factions having different counters/sprites?

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding.

Moderator: doomtrader

firefly101

Question on different factions having different counters/sprites?

Post by firefly101 »

Does anyone know if there is a file for saying which country using which sprite graphics?

I ask this as I noticed that in Time of Wrath Poland and others had unique sprites, but in ToF all the other nations use the same template.

I have several different sprite templates to use for the infantry. Australia, Germany, Poland, France, vichy, USSR, USA, Briton, Arabs, etc.

I like using sprites sometimes instead of counters and wanted to know since most are more experienced with this mod than myself. All I am changing is Sprites to make the game more fun visually.

doomtrader

RE: Question on different factions having different counters/sprites?

Post by doomtrader »

You just need to make a new sprite sheet.
Paste it to the units skin folder
and give a name with following template:
units_Name of the country.png
firefly101

Post by firefly101 »

Well the problem is that there are already file templates named for Australia, and yet it used the Units.png instead of the Australia one. So what I am trying to do is find out which file TELLS the faction to use that specific template. Otherwise Australia should be using its own template which came with the game and yet does not.
firefly101

Post by firefly101 »

Ok, I found out what is happening. There is no australia its british colonies. I seen australia in the files and thought there was one. When I renamed it to colonies it worked fine.

Thanks for the help. I haven't even had a real chance to play ToF yet because of the graphic modding, but I played ToW and liked it thats why I bought ToF hoping for more features etc. Plus the forum is dead over at ToW so I am glad i found this forum. :-)

Return to “Design and Modding”