Persian Partisan

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

celebrindal

Persian Partisan

Post by celebrindal »

This is most likely a bug, we have a partisan in Persia. He couldn't move, and the Russians are unable to attack him.
We are using version 1.07

Attachments
part.jpg
part.jpg (63.92 KiB) Viewed 137 times
Order is nothing more than Chaos on a bad day.

Dave
paulderynck

RE: Persian Partisan

Post by paulderynck »

Looks like Persia is controlled by the Axis and so that partisan is on the Allied side. Whoever controls the partisan can move it out of the way, although it cant stack with Allied units.

If something else weird has happened - like the partisan came on as anti-Russian and then moved to an axis hex - then it's a bug.
Paul
celebrindal

Post by celebrindal »

I'd have to let my russian counterpart answer for sure, but as far as I know it showed up to attack the russians. They invaded persia and persian control was given to the germans.

Dave
markb50k

Post by markb50k »

Right but once Persia is controlled by a major power any partisans always fight against the controlling power. It's a red country
celebrindal

Post by celebrindal »

Persia hadn't been conquered yet.

Dave
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

It is owned by Germany so the partiion is fighing against Germany, not Russia, since Germany is the controling major power. Once Russia fully conqueres Persia, then the partisians will fight against Russia if my understanding of this is correct [:)]
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

ORIGINAL: Numdydar

It is owned by Germany so the partiion is fighing against Germany, not Russia, since Germany is the controling major power. Once Russia fully conqueres Persia, then the partisians will fight against Russia if my understanding of this is correct [:)]

Correct. No bug.
The same thing happens f.e. in India or in French Indo China. Now, Persia is neutral at start, but that doesn't mean this rule doesn't apply. As soon a Red partisan country becomes active, the side which controls the country, doesn't control the partisan.

So in this case the Germans aligned Persia. In the following Partisan phase, an Allied controlled partisan appears (since Germany still controls Persia). If during the conquest phase, Persia is conquered by the USSR, the Partisan immediately changes side and becomes controlled by Italy (closes MP capital...).
Peter
celebrindal

Post by celebrindal »

ah we were under the impression it was a partisan against the Russians.. makes sense now. was wondering why I couldn't move it as the germans.

Dave
Dabrion

Post by Dabrion »

Who controls Persia? Is it axis or commies rushing in? Can't see from the screenshot

Apologies, was answered. Then it is a RU controlled PART.
"If we come to a minefield, our infantry attacks exactly as it were not there." ~ Georgy Zhukov
AxelNL

Post by AxelNL »

ORIGINAL: Dabrion

Who controls Persia? Is it axis or commies rushing in? Can't see from the screenshot

Apologies, was answered. Then it is a RU controlled PART.
Looking at the color it is (free) French.
Dabrion

Post by Dabrion »

True, seems unusual. Is the FF capital in Syria?
"If we come to a minefield, our infantry attacks exactly as it were not there." ~ Georgy Zhukov
celebrindal

Post by celebrindal »

No France hasn't fallen yet, is close but not yet..

Dave
Dabrion

Post by Dabrion »

In that case, Moscow dist(35), Paris dist (61). Shouldn't the PART for red countries be controlled by the closest MP on the opposite side (capital to capital distance)?

p.s.: would be nice to have the <Enter> key work in the distance calculator when selecting cities/ports.
AxelNL

Post by AxelNL »

In that case, Moscow dist(35), Paris dist (61). Shouldn't the PART for red countries be controlled by the closest MP on the opposite side (capital to capital distance)?

Technically, yes, but if it is a bug it makes that the partisan is in the spirit of the red countries that it also doesn't want to be controlled by the invading country.
Dabrion

Post by Dabrion »

Even then Chunking is dist(57). It seems MWiF falsely includes controlled minor country capitals into the list to determine the control. In that case it would have found French controlled Damascus dist (16) to be closest, thus assigning PART control to France. FF capital in Damascus has been ruled out. Closer would be Baghdad dist(9), Kuwait dist(9), Riyadh (15), which would then be neutral minors.

Or USSR is not at war with GE yet (likely) so that France is the closest MP at war with GE. In that case French control is correct. Still a strange sight, I am sure have never seen it ;) How did Persia survive a turn anyways?
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

Worth noting here for any WiF grognards stumbling upon this discussion that a deviation in RAC says: "There are 3 additional ‘red’ countries in MWIF: Iraq, Persia, and Saudi Arabia."

So yes the partisan must be French controlled because France has the nearest capital of a country at war with Persia's controller (Germany).
Paul
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

Even then Chunking is dist(57). It seems MWiF falsely includes controlled minor country capitals into the list to determine the control. In that case it would have found French controlled Damascus dist (16) to be closest, thus assigning PART control to France. FF capital in Damascus has been ruled out. Closer would be Baghdad dist(9), Kuwait dist(9), Riyadh (15), which would then be neutral minors.

Or USSR is not at war with GE yet (likely) so that France is the closest MP at war with GE. In that case French control is correct. Still a strange sight, I am sure have never seen it ;) How did Persia survive a turn anyways?
From RAC 13.1,
Getting Partisans
: "There are 3 additional 'red' countries in MWIF: Iraq, Persia, and Saudi Arabia".
Controlling Partisans: "Partisans in 'red' countries are controlled by the nearest major power currently at war with the major power that controls the country."

Germany controls Persia. Germany is at war with France and the Commonwealth. The French capital (Paris) is closer to Teheran than the Commonwealth capital (London).
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Dabrion

Post by Dabrion »

Ok new partisan table, I am *not* surprised. Keep it coming.. It is funny how we will need a MOD to play actual WiF in the end ;)
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

You previously posted this:
Or USSR is not at war with GE yet (likely) so that France is the closest MP at war with GE. In that case French control is correct. Still a strange sight, I am sure have never seen it
so how come you didn't know Persia was red then?
Paul
Dabrion

Post by Dabrion »

I didn't, it was mentioned in the thread somewhere so I accounted for that possibility.

In fact I might have edited it after your post.. judging from the timestamps

Return to “Tech Support”