A look at John Tiller Civil War Battles

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

JeanAllTrekkie

A look at John Tiller Civil War Battles

Post by JeanAllTrekkie »

I did a first look at John Tillers Civil War Battles for the iPad. Take a look and let me know what you think about the game.

Watch it here

http://the-strategy-wargamer.tumblr.com/post/73320869173/civil-war-battles-first-look-so-periodically-i

Or here

http://wargamer.com/article/3503/ipad-game-review-john-tiller's-civil-war-battles-for-ipad
DerTroof

RE: A look at John Tiller Civil War Battles

Post by DerTroof »

Downloaded the Demo and the Shiloh game, fooled around with the demo last night. Presentation pretty much identical to the HPS/Talonsoft games, which I really enjoyed back in the day. The tutorial is only adequate, I'm not sure it is all that helpful to players new to the system - there are a lot of menu buttons to learn! I also had some trouble with the touch function in selecting and deselecting units, both for movement and firing. It got frustrating at times.

That said, I'm very excited about having these types of detailed wargames on the iPad. Once the wrinkles are ironed out, I can see myself spending a lot of time playing them on this platform. [:)]

BTW I have an iPad mini, but plan to get the larger screen device at some point. If you are considering an iPad for the first time I would recommend the larger screen version for wargaming.

Also have Panzer Corps and the Shenandoah games on my iPad, and recommend these heartily too. Shendandoah is also coming out with a Gettysburg game.
DerTroof

RE: A look at John Tiller Civil War Battles

Post by DerTroof »

Also should add the demo is FREE, and the Shiloh game is only $2.99 with multiple scenarios. Can't beat those prices!

Return to “General Discussion”