CLOSED Experienced and dedicated opponent (either side) DaIronBabes B

Post here to meet players for PBEM games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

castor troy

CLOSED Experienced and dedicated opponent (either side) DaIronBabes B

Post by castor troy »

Hi

Having more freetime again I want to jump back into the game, looking for an EXPERIENCED, DEDICATED and RELIABLE opponent for a DaIronBabes B campaign for either side. Having had far too many opponents giving up
or just vanishing in the past I am really picky as I am looking for someone that isn't too crazy to throw away his forces in just a dumb fantasy attempt followed by throwing in the towel after realizing it
wasn't that easy to take the West Coast, all of India, Australia or Hawaii from me or trying to land on Japan as the Allied in 43. I have seen all of this in my games, all ended with my opponents vanishing
with or without notice. I am a very experienced player and it may sound arrogant, but super optimistic strategies always ended in the loss of my opponent so far and I have been playing WITP and AE for nearly
10 years now. Above doesn't mean one is restricted to the historical targets but it should make one think about it twice about going too far and losing everything in a moment that makes the game abruptly end.

I can do one turn per day at least, preferrable 10-15 per week, have been playing this game a couple of thousand hours and had quite some opponents already, several games going into late war, have not suffered
an autovictory against me, independent of side.

DaIronBabes B, latest patch which seems to be 1123v2 at the moment

FOW ON
Advanced weather OFF
PDU ON
Historical First turn OFF
Surprise ON
Realistic R&D ON
Reliable USN torps OFF
No unit withdrawals OFF
Reinforcements for both sides +/- 60 days
turn cicle 1 day

Really want to keep the game as plausible as possible so I am not expecting stuff to exploit the game engine to what is possible and beyond, still some hr to be suggested:

no new Allied TFs on turn 1
only one Japanese aerial port strike on turn 1
cease fire in China until 1 Feb 42
no Allied strategic bombing of occupied Allied territory at any time, Allied strategic bombing only allowed on Japanese held territory of 12/7/41
no Japanese strat bombing in China
no Allied 4E bombers on naval attack below 10.000ft. Valid for Army 4Es, not valid for Allied NAVY heavy bombers at any time

I'm located in Austria GMT+1.

Again, I am looking for someone who is experienced (especially if you want to take over the Japanese) and even more important RELIABLE. No quitters pls! If you got a history on this forum that would be great or
have some references from past PBEMs.

cheers

edit: sorry for the strange layout of this post, silly IE11 doesn't do any line break or just isn't really compatible with the forum software... ARGH

morejeffs

RE: Experienced and dedicated opponent (either side) DaIronBabes B

Post by morejeffs »

Any interest in Dababes C? I only play allies..

I have been on the forum a while. You can ask Mrkane about me as he was a previous opponent
that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom—and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.
castor troy

Post by castor troy »

ORIGINAL: morejeffs

Any interest in Dababes C? I only play allies..

I have been on the forum a while. You can ask Mrkane about me as he was a previous opponent

sorry, only B as I am not sure how the reduced cargo capabilities for Japan really work out in the game. While I find it more realistically to use more shipping in general, this also means a 1/3 increase of fuel
cosumption in this scen and I have experienced games when Japan nearly hadn't enough fuel anyway due to some damage die rolls on refineries that just happen, well, randomly.
EHansen

Post by EHansen »

no Allied strategic bombing of occupied Allied territory at any time, Allied strategic bombing only allowed on Japanese held territory of 12/7/41

As someone about to dip my toe into PBEM, I am curious about this house rule. The Allies did bomb captured mining, oil and manufacturing centers. Why are you eliminating this option?
morejeffs

Post by morejeffs »

Understood!
that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom—and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.
castor troy

Post by castor troy »

ORIGINAL: EHansen

As someone about to dip my toe into PBEM, I am curious about this house rule. The Allies did bomb captured mining, oil and manufacturing centers. Why are you eliminating this option?

For several reasons. Same as for the hr on strat bombing in China I see it as too easy to destroy strategic targets, there is already this die roll for capturing that may more or less end the game already when bases
like Palembang lose most oil/fuel and it usually becomes a "all I have to do is to get something in range of Palembang to bomb it and end the game" game. Therefor I have seen Allied players that have been beaten up
earlier doing everything to just bomb Palembang. Twice was the result a totally trashed Allied fleet losing several CV/BB/CA and uncountable DD in the attempt to either bomb the place with carrier based air or just
get a friging airfield in range of Palembang (when the next Allied base was something like 3000 miles away). Both times the game was over after the attempts failed and the Allied player bogged out. In the long run
it wouldn't have failed because the damage done to the base in just one attack was big enough to reduce Japan's fuel production by something like 40% which means a negative fuel production essentially ending the game.

Now I really don't want to play a game that is aiming at "I only have to damage/destroy Palembang" and I have won. If that would have been all that was needed in real life, why noone tried to exactly do that in 42,
guess it wouldn't have been that hard to achieve.
EHansen

Post by EHansen »

I can understand your concern, it just seemed a bit drastic to me.
khyberbill

Post by khyberbill »

PM sent.
"Its a dog eat dog world Sammy and I am wearing Milkbone underwear" -Norm.
castor troy

Post by castor troy »

closed

Return to “Opponents Wanted”